New World has taken the gaming community by storm. It’s turning out to be one of the three big games this year in terms of copies sold after Valheim and Outriders. However, like all new games, there are some issues that players need to get past during the initial phase of the game launch. The beta is closing to an end, but these errors are bound to prevail for some players when they first install the game. This includes the New World fatal error.
The complete error message the users get is “New World has encountered a fatal error. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.” If you get this error message, the game would crash with the error windows. The only option you have is to send an error report, but we all know that never helps.
How to Fix ‘New World has encountered a fatal error’
Most of the time, the New World fatal error occurs soon after starting the game, but can also occur mid-way. Here is what you need to do to fix the error. You have to delete the AGS folder. Here are the steps.
- Press Windows Key + R and type %appdata%
- Click on View – it’s on top of the screen in the left corner next to Home and Share.
- Now, click on Options and click on Change folder and search options
- Go to the View tab and toggle Show hidden files, folders, or drivers
- Now, locate the AGS folder and make a copy of it.
- Go to the New World folder and delete the savedata folder and user_preload_settings.cfg
- Restart the Steam client and hopefully the error is gone.
If there was a recent patch for the game after which the new world fatal error started, the error could have corrupted files that are causing the error. In such a case, attempt to verify the integrity of game files.
While the solutions in this post will help some players, they are not universal as there are other causes that can lead to the error. We will update the post prior to the release of the game. If you have a solution that worked for you, please share them in the comments.