Need for Speed Unbound is the latest racing game created by Criterion Games and released by Electronic Arts for the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. But some unfortunate players are currently reporting that they are experiencing some controller-related issues on their Pcs. Today, almost all PC players own and use a controller while enjoying online games, especially racing games like Need for Speed Unbound. But, it is a very annoying issue when players are unable to use their controllers to enjoy the game. If you are in the same situation, you can use this guide to fix the controller not working issue in Need for Speed Unbound.
How to Fix Need for Speed Unbound Controller Not Working Issue
Before you start the following troubleshooting steps, make sure to perform the following generic methods.
1. First of all, try launching the game from Origin instead of Steam
2. Clear download cache by opening up Steam >> Steam >> Settings >> Downloads >> Clear Download Cache
3. Try unplugging and replugging your controller
4. Remove any external unused USB devices if plugged in
If you are still unable to use your controller in Need for Speed Unbound, then proceed to the following troubleshooting steps.
1. Disabling Steam Input
The first method we suggest is to disable Steam input to resolve the controller not working issue in Need for Speed Unbound. To do so:
– Go to Steam and log in to your account
– Go to the game’s Library and right-click on ‘Need for Speed Unbound’
– Select Properties >> Controller >> Override for Need for Speed Unbound
– Select ‘Disable Steam Input’
2. Enabling Configuration Support
If the above solution doesn’t work, try enabling configuration support.
– Open up Steam and log in to your account
– Select Steam >> Settings >> controller >> General Controller Settings
– If you are using a PS controller, then enable “PlayStation Configuration Support” and if you have an Xbox controller, then enable “Xbox Configuration Support”.
3. Launching Steam in Big Picture Mode
Try launching Steam in Big Picture mode and you will be able to use your controller on your PC without any issues. Here are some simple steps to follow:
– Launch Steam on your PC and click on View from the top-left corner
– Now, choose Big Picture Mode > If prompted, click on Continue
– Click on Library and go to Games under the Browse section
– Select NFS Unbound and now, exit from the Big Picture Mode, and check for the issue again
4. Run Steam and the Game as an Administrator
The last resort is to run the Steam client as well as your game as an administrator. To do this:
– Right-click on Steam >> Properties >> Compatibility >> Check the box “Run this program as an administrator” and then click on Apply and lastly click on Ok
– Then right-click on the game app, then go to Properties >> Compatibility >> Check the box “Run this program as an administrator” and then click on Apply and then lastly click on Ok.
That’s everything you can try to fix controller not working issue in Need for Speed Unbound.Read more: How to fix Need for Speed Unbound crashing at startup, won’t start, or not launching.