Necromunda: Hired Gun is a FPS in a linear setting. The game released sometimes in the past few hours and the reviews are mixed so far. It isn’t the biggest title to release in June, but the game is currently topping the Steam charts. There are certain bugs and errors that a lot of users have been complaining about. The most reported problem with the game is the Necromunda: Hired Gun stuttering.
Games stuttering makes a game unplayable and when the stutter happens every few seconds, you cannot continue to play. The same seems to be happening with Necromunda: Hired Gun. The issue needs to be fixed before you can continue to play. Here are some solutions we suggest to fix stutter in Necromunda: Hired Gun.
How to Fix Necromunda: Hired Gun Stuttering
There is no day one patch for the game. The developers have confirmed that they would be releasing a patch to address a bunch of issues with the game. So, if the solutions we suggest fails to address the Necromunda: Hired Gun Stutter, you will have to wait for the patch.
- Play the game on Windowed Mode
- Usually, it’s the Windowed mode that causes stuttering in games, but the Necromunda: Hired Gun Stutter seems to be fixed when playing in Windowed mode as reported by players.
- Switch to DirectX 11
- While DirectX 12 brings a lot to the table especially after the DX12 upgrade last year, games still seem to face issues with it. Users of the game have reported that switching to DirectX 11 from the settings resolves or improves the stutter.
- Disable Windows Game Mode and GeForce Experience overlay
- The two software are great, but they are known to cause problems in games.
- Launch the game in a clean boot environment
- In a clean boot environment, all programs are suspended except the essential Windows applications. So, first, launch the game in a clean boot environment. For steps, you can refer to the linked post.
- Update the graphics card driver
- Outdated graphics card drivers can cause all sorts of problems including FPS drop and games stuttering.
- Ensure that your system meets the minimum system requirements
- If your system does not meet the requirements to play the game, it can lead to Biomutant stuttering, lag, and FPS drop. In such a case, play the game on the lowest settings.
- Ensure there is enough space on the storage drive
- If your storage device where you have installed the game is nearly full, it can cause performance problems with the game. Free up some space on the storage device.
- Install the game on the same drive as the OS
If the above solutions have not resolved or improved the Necromunda: Hired Gun stuttering, unfortunately, you will have to wait for a patch from the developers.