After a successful beta, we finally have the official release of Mortal Shell. In a sentence, this is an amazing game, don’t know why there isn’t much hype around it like Ghost of Tsushima or Death Stranding. However, some players are wondering why they cannot use the PS4 controller with the game. If you are one of them, stick around and we will show you how to fix Mortal Shell not detecting PS4 controller.
Fix Mortal Shell Not Detecting PS4 Controller
Fix 1: Use a Third-party Software
A common question gamers ask is does Epic Games Launcher support the ps4 controller? Many people believe that the launcher does not. This might be true as we have a lot of evidence from users who were unable to play games using the DualShock 4. However, by using third-party software like DS4Windows, you can use your PS4 controller to play Mortal Shell. So, either download the software or read further for more ways you can play the game with the PlayStation controller.
Fix 2: Launch the Game via Steam
Steam provides you an option to integrate non-Steam games and take advantage of the input support. The step is a bit lengthy, but nothing you cannot do. Here is how you can use the PS4 controller to play Mortal Shell.
- Create a shortcut of Mortal Shell on your desktop (to create the shortcut, go to the Epic Games Library, locate Mortal Shell, click on the three-dots, and select Create A Shortcut)
- Launch the Steam client
- Click on Games on the top-left corner
- From the drop-down menu, select Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library
- Locate the Epic Games Launcher in the list of program on the new window, check the box before Epic Game Launcher and click ADD SELECTED PROGRAMS
- Right-click on the desktop shortcut of Mortal Shell we created earlier and select Properties
- Go to the Web Document tab and copy the URL
- Open Steam and go to Library, locate Epic Games Launcher, right-click and select Properties
- Click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS
- Paste the URL we copied earlier
- Click Ok to implement the instruction
- Still in Properties, erase the Epic Games Launcher and name it Mortal Shell
- Click Close
After the above process, the Mortal Shell not detecting the PS4 controller issue should be resolved.
Fix 3: Change Steam General Controller Settings
If you are playing the game on Steam or have purchased it there, you don’t have to follow the solution 2 as the game is already added to your Steam Library. However, depending on the controller you are using whether the Xbox controller or the DualShock, you need to set the device on Steam. This can be done via the Controller Settings options. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Launch Steam from the desktop shortcut
- Click Steam on the top-left corner and select Settings
- From the Setting menu, go to Controller
- Click on General Controller Settings
- Depending on the type of controller you wish to use, you can check PlayStation Configuration Support, Xbox Configuration Support, or the Generic Gamepad Configuration Support.
- Press Ok to save changes, exit from the Window. This should resolve any PS4 controller issue with Mortal Shell.
These are the most effective fixes to get the PS4 controller to work with Mortal Shell. There are other ways you can add the game to Steam like directly adding Mortal Shell, but that can sometimes not launch. Hence, try the above solution. If you have a better solution, we are always eager for suggestions from our readers, you can put them in comments.