Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is one of the massively popular FPS games. Furthermore, the sequel of Modern Warfare has been the fastest-selling title in the history of the CoD franchise. Lately, MW 2 has received the Season 1 Reloaded update which brings new weapons and operators. Also, it has brought several changes to the gameplay. However, it seems the new update has a lot of bugs and glitches. Recently, many players are reporting on different forums that their screen gets stuck on logging into online services messages. If you are facing the same error in your Modern Warfare 2, here is how you can fix it.
Fixing Modern Warfare 2 Stuck on Logging into Online Services Error Message
Are you consistently getting stuck on the “Logging into online services” error message in Modern Warfare 2? Then worry not. In this guide, we got you covered and discussed all potential solutions to fix this error.
This error mainly occurs due to two main reasons. First, the servers of MW 2 are down or there is an issue with your internet connection. Therefore, follow the below steps and fix the “Logging into online services” error message in Modern Warfare 2.
1. First of all, make sure the MW 2 servers are up and running fine. Click here and know you can check the current server status. If the servers are down due to any reason, the issue should be fixed automatically once their services are back online.
2. If there is no issue on the server’s side and still the issue persists, then the issue might be within your internet connection. Therefore, try troubleshooting your internet connection and then check if you’re still facing the issue.
You can also try resetting your network connection by unplugging the router and restarting the network after 3 to 5 minutes and then checking. In addition, you can also try switching your connection from WiFi to Wired or vice versa.
3. Some players have resolved this error by disabling Windows Firewall, so give it a try. To do that:
– Go to the settings on your PC
– Select a network profile: Domain network, Private network, or Public network
– Under Microsoft Defender Firewall, switch the setting to ON
– To turn it off, switch the setting to Off
Once done, relaunch the game and the error message should be eliminated.
4. Connecting to any random server by using VPN service has also worked for some players. So, try using a reliable VPN service and connect the game with another random less crowded server and you won’t see this error message.
5. Make sure you are playing the latest version of the game because an outdated game version can create multiple issues including the “Logging into online services” error message. After updating the game to the latest version, try launching the game and the issue should be fixed now.
These are the only methods you can try to fix Modern Warfare 2 stuck on logging into the online services error message.