Medieval Dynasty is the new survival and strategy game released on Steam on early access. The game is set in the mid-era Europe and has the same mechanics as most other titles with the genre. Early review of the game have been wonderful. And even though the can change a lot when it finally releases, players are enjoying it. Some players have reported launch problems with the game like the Medieval Dynasty crash at startup and failed to launch. If you find yourself in a similar situation, we have got some possible solution.
Games crashing at startup can be due to a range of possible reasons, we have tried to cover all of them and recommend suggestions. Scroll down to fix the crash problem with Medieval Dynasty.
Causes and Fix for Medieval Dynasty Crash at Startup and Failed to Launch
If your system does not meet the minimum system requirements to play the Medieval Dynasty, especially the GPU and the Processor, crash can happen. Here are the system requirements to play the game.
|OS: Windows 7, 8, 10||OS: Windows 10|
|Processor: 3 GHz Quad Core Processor||Processor: 4 GHz Quad Core Processor|
|Memory: 8 GB RAM||Memory: 16 GB RAM|
|Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible GPU, 4GB dedicated VRAM (GeForce GTX 970 / Radeon RX 480)||Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible GPU, 6GB dedicated VRAM (GeForce GTX 1060 / Radeon RX 580)|
|DirectX: Version 11||DirectX: Version 11|
|Network: Broadband Internet connection||Network: Broadband Internet connection|
|Storage: 10 GB available space||Storage: 10 GB available space|
|Additional Notes: Disk space will change||Additional Notes: Disk space will change|
- Outdated game – It highly unlikely this is the cause of the Medieval Dynasty crash at startup as the game has just released, so skip this fix. If you are reading the post on a later date, ensure that the latest patch for the game is installed.
- Often when the Windows is outdated it can lead to programs crashing. Hence, ensure that you have the latest Windows update. With every new update, some of the old bugs are fixed.
- A problem such as corrupt or missing Microsoft Redistributable Libraries can also be the reason behind the crash. Therefore, you must reinstall the libraries.
- If you are running the game via Steam, the launch has a feature to repair game files. Missing or corrupted game files is one of the most obvious reason behind crash at startup or the game failing to launch. The corruption of files can occur while you are installing, updating, or over the course of time.
- Exiting the game from fullscreen mode and running it on windowed also eliminates the crash in some cases as the game consumes less resources. So, that’s something you can try.
- Another major area of concern is the graphics card. An outdated or corrupted driver software of the GPU will most definitely lead to a crash.
- The Steam and Discord overlay are known to act up games leading to crash, especially after the intro video. So, disable the overlays of both the software to resolve the issue. In fact, if you are struggling with crashes, the best thing to do is perform a clean boot and try to run the software. Quite a number of third-party software are responsible for crashing the Medieval Dynasty.
- Another cause of the crash can be the antivirus software. Disable it momentarily and launch the game. If the game works, you need to set an exception on the respective software.
- Finally, but very important, you need to provide the game admin permission in order to avoid Medieval Dynasty crash at startup or not launching problem.
Hope this guide was helpful and you have resolved your error. If you are experiencing problem or need detailed steps for any of the above solutions, comment below.