Marvel’s Midnight Suns have finally been released globally. Although this game is one of the excellent tactical games, it has a few bugs and errors which are very annoying. One of the recent errors many players are reporting is the “Something went wrong with this game or app” error. When this particular error triggers, players experience the crashing issue. Such issues happen in almost all online massive titles but thankfully, it is pretty easy to resolve. Let’s learn here in this guide how to fix Marvel’s Midnight Suns “Something went wrong with this game or app error.
How to Fix Marvel’s Midnight Suns “Something went wrong with this game or app” Error
At the time of writing this post, developers have not released any solid fix to resolve the “Something went wrong with this game or app” error in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. However, you can try following some potential steps to resolve this error.
1. Repair the Game Files
Foremost, one of the best and quick solutions you should try is to verify the integrity of game files (For Steam users) or repair them (For Epic Games users). Here are the steps:
For Steam Users:
– Go to Steam Library
– Right-click on Marvel’s Midnight Suns and click on Properties
– Select Local Files
– And click on Verify the Integrity of game files
– Once done, launch the game again and the error should be resolved.
For Epic Games:
– Open up the Epic Games client
– Go to the Marvel’s Midnight Suns tab and select the cog wheel beside the ‘Play’ button
– From the drop-down menu, in the Verify Files now, click on the Verify button.
– Once the scan is done, launch the game and the problem should be fixed
2. Updating Your GPU Drivers & Windows
Even after repairing the game files, if the error is still appearing, then your next move is to update your GPU drivers. You can find the latest or updated drivers on the official website of the manufacturer (AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA).
Besides, also make sure to update your Windows to the latest version. Make sure to reboot your PC once before launching the game.
3. Add the Game to the Excluded Files in Antivirus or Firewall Application
Sometimes, your antivirus or firewall program prevents the game from running smoothly. In that case, you need to add the game’s executable files to the excluded files so that it can run smoothly without any issues.
4. Run the Game as an Administrator
At times, it is very important to run the game as an administrator to resolve multiple issues including the ‘Something went wrong with this game or app’ error. To do so:
– Go to the folder where the game is saved on your PC and right-click on Marvel’s Midnight Suns.exe file.
– Next, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
– Click on the Run this program as an administrator.
– Lastly, click on Apply and select Ok to apply changes.
5. Reinstalling the Game
If nothing works, your last resort is to uninstall your game and reinstall its new copy. While reinstalling, make sure to check the minimum system requirements to run the game smoothly on your PC. Hopefully, one of these methods should fix Marvel’s Midnight Suns “Something went wrong with this game or app” error.