Marvel’s Avengers is set to release next month, but players have a unique opportunity to experience the game before the launch. The beta of the game has a sufficient amount of content that you can enjoy in limited time. The beta of the game becomes live for various devices and different dates for a very limited time. However, users who purchased the game are reporting the Marvel’s Avengers ‘Currently unable to connect to Square Enix Servers’ error.
There are a number of possible reasons you could be seeing the error message. You could either be trying to play when the servers for your device is closed. The Square Enix Servers could be down for the same reasons or a large number of players could have overburdened the servers, but that unlikely as the game is still in beta and the number of players are not large. There could also be a problem with your internet connection that could be causing the error.
Although the error is occurring now during beta, the possibility of this happening after the game release is undeniable. As such, whether it’s during beta or after the game releases, the fix we suggest will apply. Stick around to know more about the error and what you can do about it.
Marvel’s Avengers | How to Fix ‘Currently Unable to Connect to Square Enix Servers’ Error
The complete error message reads, “Currently unable to connect to Square Enix Servers. Please try again later.” If you have encountered this error message, the first thing to do is check if the game is live for your specific device. Here are the dates when you can play Marvel’s Avengers beta.
Marvel’s Avengers Beta Start Dates
|Friday, August 7th to Sunday, August 9th||PS4 (closed access)|
|Friday, August 14th to Sunday, August 16th||PS4 (open access) Xbox (closed access) PC (closed access)|
|Friday, August 21st to Sunday, August 23rd||All platforms (open access)|
If you are trying to play the game when it’s not opened for your device, you will see the unable to connect to server error. As such, wait for the game to become live as per the above schedule. The game goes live at 9:00 PM on the above mentioned dates and closes at the same time on the end date.
If you are reading the article in September when the game has released, the above does not apply.
Marvel’s Avengers ‘Currently Unable to Connect to Square Enix Servers’ After Game Release
If the error occurs after the release of the game, the likely cause is the servers are under maintenance, busy due to overload, or down for some other reasons. In such a case, you must first verify the status of the servers. You can do this by either visiting the Twitter handle of the game or through a third-party website like Downdetector.
If the servers are experiencing problems, there is little you can do from your end other than waiting for the developers to resolve the problem. The good news is these problems resolve fairly quickly and there is no problem with your connection or system.
Here are some network troubleshooting you can consider.
- Switch to a wired internet connection such as Powerline, Ethernet Cable, or MoCA. Using Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot can be the cause of several errors in games.
- For Console Players, clear the cache if you are on Xbox and PS4 players hard reset the console. Users on PC, reboot the system and try playing the game.
- Reset the internet router or modem
- Cable connections, fiber, and DSL offer the best gaming experience. On the other hand, internet service providers such as satellite, wireless, and cellular are less reliable for online gaming.
- If a wired internet connection is not an option, consider:
- Changing the channel on your wireless router; ideally, the one that is used the least.
- Try shifting from 2.4GHz to 5GHz or vice versa.
- Ensure that the router is placed closer to the console or PC and not blocked by a wall or other obstacles that can block the Wi-Fi signal.
- Adjust the router’s antennae.
- Change your network connection. Try using a different internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, try playing the game through your mobile internet.
- Do not use other devices on the same network such as tablets, cell phones, etc. while playing Marvel’s Avengers.
- Terminate bandwidth-intensive tasks such as Netflix, YouTube, or other video streaming services, file transfer (torrents), etc.
- Ensure you are using the latest hardware and firmware. Get in touch with your ISP and ensure the network equipment such as modems, cables, routers, switches, etc. are all up-to-date and working as intended.
- Ensure your NAT type is Open.
- Call the ISP for help with the problem.
That’s all we have for now. We hope you have your resolution to the Marvel’s Avengers ‘Currently unable to connect to Square Enix Servers’ error.