The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is the latest action-adventure game developed and published by Daedalic Entertainment. It is now available for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. One of the common issues in major online games including Lord of the Rings: Gollum is crashing, won’t start, crashing at startup, and not launching issues on PC. Such issues may ruin the overall gaming experience when you are unable to access the game whatsoever. Thankfully, in this guide, you will find all the potential solutions to fix this problem.
How to Fix Lord of the Rings Gollum Crashing, Crash at Startup, Won’t Start, and Not Launching on PC
There could be multiple reasons why you are experiencing Lord of the Rings: Gollum crashing, crashing at startup, won’t start, and not launching on PC such as:
– Minimum system requirements
– Issues in your display drivers
– Corrupted game files
– Interference with your antivirus or firewall programs
– Outdated OS and GPU
Here we show you all possible workarounds to fix this issue.
1. Check System Requirements
First of all, make sure your system is powerful enough to run a massive game like Lord of the Rings: Gollum. Click here and know the minimum and recommended system requirements.
Let’s assume that your system already meets these requirements and still you are unable to access Lord of the Rings: Gollum, then you can proceed to the following troubleshooting steps.
2. Update Your Graphic Drivers
Outdated graphic drivers are one of the main reasons why Lord of the Rings: Gollum is crashing or won’t start. So, try updating the GPU with the latest version to fix the issue. For this:
– Right-click on the “Start Menu” and open the “Quick Access Menu”
– Click on “Device Manager”
– Next, double-click on the Display adapters
– Right-click on the dedicated graphics card name
– Select Update driver >> Select “Search automatically for drivers”
– If the update is available, it will start downloading and install the latest version automatically
– Once done, restart your system, and the crashing and won’t launch issue should be fixed
3. Update Windows
Make sure your operating system is updated to the latest version. Install any pending Windows update as it features important bug fixes and system improvements.
To check for the latest Windows update, select Start >> Settings >> Windows Update and then select ‘Check for updates’. If any new updates are available, you can install them.
4. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Some missing and corrupted game files are also one of the main reasons why you are not able to play Lord of the Rings: Gollum. Therefore, in the next method, try verifying the integrity of game files and check if that helps. To do this method: Go to Steam Library >> right-click on Lord of the Rings: Gollum >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify the integrity of game files.
Once done, relaunch the game, and you will be able to access the game.
5. Run the game in Clean Boot
The next best method we suggest is to run the game in a clean boot. Here is how you can do it.
– Open up the Run dialogue box by pressing Win + R keys
– Type msconfig and click on Ok and open up the System Configuration window
– Go to the Services tab
– Tick ‘Disable all Microsoft services’ and then click on ‘Disable all
– Click on Apply >> Ok
– Once done, restart your PC
6. Close All Background Processes
Some applications, programs, or other processes running in the background can also cause crashing, crash at startup, won’t start, and not launch issues on the PC. Therefore, try closing them and check if that helped to resolve the issue.
7. Run the Game as Administrator:
Sometimes, you need to bypass any permission-related issues that might prevent the game from functioning properly. For this, try running the game as an administrator. For this:
– Go to the folder where the game is saved on your PC and right-click on the Lord of the Rings: Gollum.exe file.
– Next, select Properties >> Click on the Compatibility tab.
– Click on Run this program as an administrator.
– Lastly, click on Apply and select Ok to apply changes.
8. Disable Full-Screen Optimization
Some players have managed to resolve the crashing and won’t start the issue simply by disabling full-screen optimization. For this: Go to Properties >> Compatibility tab >> Check the box ‘Disable fullscreen optimizations’ >> Apply.
9. Disable Your Antivirus and Firewall Program
Your antivirus and firewall program is the important security measures as they play a crucial role in protecting your PC from viruses, malware, and unauthorized access but sometimes, they cause certain issues and so as a next potential solution, try disabling your antivirus and firewall program to fix the crashing issue in Lord of the Rings: Gollum.
10. Reinstall the Game
If none of the above methods work to resolve the issue, try uninstalling the game and reinstalling its fresh copy. The fresh installation might resolve the issues.
That’s it for this guide. We have covered everything in this guide to fix Lord of the Rings: Gollum crashing, crashes at startup, won’t start, or not launching issues.
Read next: How to fix The Lord of the Rings: Gollum gate bug.