League of Legends is one of the massively popular and competitive multiplayer games by Riot Games. However, like any other online game, LoL gamers occasionally receive bugs and errors including the ‘Username or password is incorrect’ error. Well, like many other players, if you are also encountering a ‘Username or password is incorrect’ error in LoL, there are a few steps you can take to solve it. In this guide, let’s understand what causes this issue and how you can fix it easily.
How to Fix League of Legends Username or Password Is Incorrect Error
The main reason why you are experiencing username or password is an incorrect error in League of Legends because your PC is rejecting the security certificates from the main game’s servers. Thankfully, this issue can be resolved with the below workarounds.
1. First of all, make sure you are entering your username and password correctly without any mistakes. If you are entering any of them incorrectly, you may receive a ‘Username or password is incorrect’ error in LoL.
2. Secondly, make sure you have selected your correct region while creating an account in LoL. If you have selected any other region, then it can cause an error.
3. You can also try changing your current password to a different one. Some players have managed to resolve this error simply by changing their password so give it a try. Here is how you can do it:
– Go to the official website of Riot Client and go to the login page.
– Then go to Can’t Sign >> Forgot Password and enter your Username and press the Arrow button.
– Once entered, go to your registered Email ID and check for the ‘Riot password change request’ email.
– Lastly, click on the link and enter your new password.
– Once done, use that new credential to login and the error should be fixed.
4. Clearing your cache and cookies should be your next move to fix the error. Sometimes, cached data or stored cookies can interfere with the login process. And so, clearing your browser cache and cookies can help solve the issue.
5. If the error persists, try installing and running the Hextech repair tool. You can get it from the official website of Riot. By running the repair tool, you will be able to fix minor bugs and issues.
6. At last, try reinstalling the game. This will eliminate all the temporary cache and bugs.
That’s everything you can try fixing League of Legends username or password is incorrect error.