Apple introduced its iPhone 14 lineup last year in September 2022 which includes iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max. However, like any other smartphone, a few bugs and technical glitches have been reported with iPhone 14 as well. One of the common issues encountered by many players is the keyboard not working or showing issues. If you are experiencing the same issue, in this guide, we have gathered all methods to find iPhone 14 and 14 Plus keyboards not working or showing issues.
How to Fix iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Keyboard Not Working or Showing Issue
Before you proceed to the following troubleshooting steps, make sure to go through the below quick steps and check if any of these methods worked to resolve iPhone 14 and 14 Plus keyboard not working or showing issues.
1. First and foremost, simply restart your device and check if this quick and simple method has worked to fix the issue.
2. An outdated version can also create this issue so make sure your iOS version is updated to the latest version. If not, get it updated and the keyboard not showing or working issue should be fixed on your device.
3. Check your keyboard settings and make sure it is enabled and set up properly on your device.
Even though these quick methods don’t help to fix the issue, you may now try the below steps to fix the issue.
Re-Enable Keyboard Haptic
First of all, try disabling and re-enabling the Keyboard Haptic from the settings on your device. This method will ensure to refresh its settings and fix any keyboard-related issues. To do this:
– Go to Settings >> Sound and Haptics >> Keyboard Feedback and disable the toggle next to Haptic
– Wait for some time and re-enable it
– Once done, restart your device, and the keyboard not working issue should be fixed
Enabling Touch Vibration
Some users have resolved this issue simply by enabling touch vibration. Here are the simple steps to do this:
– Open up the Settings >> Accessibility >> Choose Touch and disable the toggle next to Vibration
– Wait for some time and re-enable the Vibration back
– Once done, try using the keyboard and it will work and show again
Resetting Keyboard Dictionary
If the same issue persists, the next method we recommend is to reset your keyboard dictionary and it will fix any glitches in the language and settings of the keyboard. For this: Go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Tap on Reset Keyboard Dictionary
Reset All Settings
In case the configuration settings on your device get corrupted, you could get this issue. To fix it, you need to reset all settings. Below are the steps to do this:
– To begin with, head over to Settings >> General
– Then go to Transfer or Reset iPhone >> Reset
– After that, tap on Reset All Settings
Factory Reset Your Device
If none of these methods worked to fix the keyboard not showing issue in iPhone 14 or 14 Plus, then your last and intense option is to perform a factory reset. Just make sure to back up your important files, videos, photos, and documents because factory resetting your device will erase all contents and data from the device. To do this: Go to Settings >> General >> Transfer or Reset iPhone >> Erase all content and settings.
That’s it for this guide. Hopefully, one of these methods will help you to resolve iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus keyboard not working or showing issues.
Read next: How to fix iPhone 14 white or black screen issue.