Instagram is an extremely popular free social media platform where users can share photos and videos. It is available on iPhone and Android. However, this app has a lot of bugs and errors. One of the common errors encountered by many Instagram users is the ‘We limit how often you can do certain things on Instagram’. This particular error means that Instagram’s automated systems have detected unusual or excessive activity on your account, such as liking, commenting, following, or other interactions. This could be due to actions that are considered spammy, aggressive, or violate Instagram’s community guidelines. There are several ways you can try to fix this error. Let’s find out in this guide.
How to Fix Instagram Error ‘We Limit How Often You Can Do Certain Things on Instagram’
There could be several reasons why Instagram is showing you an error ‘We limit how often you can do certain things on Instagram’ such as:
– If you are liking too many posts too often
– Following or unfollowing many people frequently
– Viewing too many stories in a short time
– Exceeding the comment threshold, particularly in cases where the comments share a high degree of similarity, such as containing identical emojis or phrases.
– Sharing forbidden content
– Using too many hashtags in posts
But worry not and stick to this guide. Here we have provided all the possible methods to fix the error ‘We limit how often you can do certain things on Instagram’.
1. Refresh the App
First of all, simply refresh the app because Instagram might have blocked you from using your account using your internet connection or the device you are using. You can try these steps to fix it:
– Stop using Wi-Fi and use your mobile data instead.
– Sign out of your account, and then sign back in.
– Try logging in from a different device.
– Delete the app from your device and then reinstall it.
2. Delete the Post, Story, or Reel that Caused the Error
The next method we recommend is to delete the post, story, or reel that caused the error. Besides, check if you have violated any Instagram rules and limitations or not such as following and/or unfollowing 300 people per day, liking posts over 1000, etc.
3. Change Your Current Instagram Password
Some Instagram users have managed to resolve the error simply by changing the current password. Below are the steps to do this method:
– Go to Settings on Instagram (Tap on the three lines in the right top corner)
– Choose Security >> Password
– Change your current password with the new one.
– Once done, log out and log back in.
4. Create an Alternate Account
If the error persists, try creating another account for Instagram to bypass the error. However, make sure to backup the data as your main account can get banned permanently or temporarily due to unusual and suspicious activities.
5. Contact Instagram Support
Have you tried all of the above methods and still receive the same error? Then try reaching out to the Instagram support team for further assistance.
That’s all you can try fixing the Instagram error “We limit how often you can do certain things on Instagram”.