Hulu is undoubtedly one of the American leading premium video-on-demand service providers with and without commercials, and it has more than 35 million subscribers around the world. It is majority-owned and fully controlled by the Disney group. However, in the last few days, many subscribers are experiencing a major issue. They are getting a message that says – ‘Sorry, this channel is temporarily unavailable. It has also been noticed that this problem occurs more frequently on Xbox Console than on the computer.
However, the good news is that the official Twitter handle of the Hulu Support team has already acknowledged this issue and they are working on the same.
We can’t say when we will get the permanent solution from Hulu, however, the support team has already provided some temporary solutions. Let’s check them out below.
How to Fix Hulu Error ‘Sorry this channel is temporarily unavailable’ Plus Official Update
First of all, we will check the workaround suggested by Hulu. After that, we will also check other solutions tried by many users to fix Hulu Error ‘Sorry this channel is temporarily unavailable’ Plus Official Update.
Use Hulu App via Hulu credentials
If you are getting the said error, use the Hulu app or network websites and apps through your Hulu credentials. However, this is not the permanent solution but at least you can view your favorite content in the meantime when Hulu will find some solid fix.
Relaunch the Hulu App
1. Exit the Hulu app and ensure to stop it completely.
2. For the Xbox One, press the Xbox button and launch Guide
3. Then, select Hulu
4. Press Menu using your controller and then select Quit
5. On a Windows 10 device, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and open up Task Manager
6. Go to the Applications tab and then select Hulu
7. Click the End Task button and then exit from the Task Manager
8. Reopen the Hulu app again and see if it is now working fine without that error
Uninstall and Re-install the Hulu app
1. On Xbox One, open up the main menu and Hulu app
2. On your controller, press Menu and select Manage App > Internal and then Uninstall
3. Turn off and then unplug the device and wait for 1 to 2 minutes
4. And then restart Xbox One and open Microsoft Store
5. Here, search for the Hulu app and click on the Get button and install it again
Update the Hulu App
1. Open up the Guide on your Xbox One and then select Settings
2. Under Settings, select All settings > System > Updates and then Update Console
3. In the same way, update the Hulu app and always make sure to keep things updated with the latest version
That’s everything you need to know how to fix Hulu Error ‘Sorry this channel is temporarily unavailable’.