Resolving stuttering, low FPS, and lag in games is one of the most difficult issues to resolve because a fix can either boot the FPS or make it even worst. As such, you must not try something that you are not sure of or irreversible. Stick with us and we will show you some simple ways to improve FPS and reduce stutter in Hitman 3.
How to Fix Hitman 3 Stuttering, Lag, and Low FPS on PC
Before we proceed with the guide, ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements to play the game. If your system fails to meet the requirement, it’s probably the reason why Hitman 3 is stuttering, lag, and you are getting low FPS. Here are the system requirements to play the game.
|OS 64-bit Windows 10||OS 64-bit Windows 10|
|RAM 8 GB||RAM 16 GB|
|Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940||Intel CPU Core i7 4790 4 GHz|
|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870||Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD GPU Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB|
|DirectX 12||DirectX 12|
If you meet the requirements, here are the solutions you can try. After each solution, check the performance of the game.
Terminate Unnecessary Applications
With so many games, third-party software that forcefully inject themselves between operations cause crash in the game. Hence, the first thing we must do to resolve the Hitman 3 stuttering and FPS drop is suspend all unnecessary programs and then launch the game. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- In General tab, uncheck Load startup items
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Click on Apply and OK.
Try launching the game, check if the error still occurs.
Enable Fullscreen Mode
Running the game after enabling the in-game Fullscreen mode seems to fix a lot of stuttering problems in the game. Users who ran the game on Windowed mode encountered lag and stuttering problems. So, head over to the Settings and enable the Fullscreen mode.
Disable Fullscreen Optimization and Run as Admin
We have seen that disabling the Fullscreen optimization from the game’s properties also helps reduce stuttering in games. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Right Click on Hitman3.exe at the install directory or the game’s shortcut.
- Select Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck Disable Fullscreen Optimization and check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply and Ok.
Update the Graphics Card
It’s a gamer’s modus operandi to keep the graphics card and all the other software on the system updated. The graphics card in particular is important because it directly impacts your game performance. NVidia and AMD both release updates for their driver fairly regularly. Go to the official website of your graphics card manufacturer and check if a new driver is available or use GeForce Experience to check for the driver. Download and install the new drivers. If the Hitman 3 stuttering and FPS drop started after a driver update, consider rolling back.
Check your Internet Connection
If your internet connection is slow that can also lead to games lagging and stuttering. As such, ensure that your connection is ideal to play the game or disconnect the internet completely and then attempt to play the game. At the time of writing, we are unsure if you can play the game without internet, so you need to try it out yourself.
Find the Ideal Graphics Settings
If you are playing the game on high system specifications, it’s most likely to crash, stutter, and drop FPS. As such, you should set the graphics settings from the in-game graphics settings to the lowest and increase the settings by one until the game stops to stutter. When the stuttering start to occurs, the previous settings is the best for your system. We will update this section of the post when the game releases and we are able to test it. We will let you know the best settings to play the game on a mid-range PC. You can return here to check the settings you should specify.
Change NVidia Settings
In the next step to fix Hitman 3 stuttering, FPS drop, and performance issues, we will set the NVidia for performance. Here are the steps.
- Right-click on Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- Expand 3D Settings and click on Adjust image settings with preview
- Check Use my preference emphasizing: Quality (for users who have a powerful PC, you can allow the app to decide and select Let the 3D application decide)
- Drag the bar to Performance (there are three options Performance – Balanced – Quality)
- Click on Apply to implement the changes
- Next, go to the Manage 3D settings under 3D Settings
- Click on Program Settings and select Hitman 3 (if the game is not in the drop-down list, click Add, browse and add the game)
- Under 2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program: choose High-performance NVIDIA processor
- Under 3. Specify the settings for this program, set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance and Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames to 1.
Alter the Power Options in Window 10
For users who do not have an effective CPU cooler, you may want to skip this step as it would increase the CPU temperature by a few degrees. Without proper cooling, it may harm your system. Here are the steps to follow.
- Click on the battery icon in the System Tray and drag the button to Best Performance
- Right-click on the battery icon and select Power Options
- Click on the Change plan settings link
- Click on Change advanced power settings
- Locate Processor power management and click on the plus sign to expand
- Expand Minimum processor state and set it to 100%, next expand Maximum processor state and set it to 100%
- Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Set Windows for Best Performance
In the Windows search tab, type performance and select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. Check Adjust for best performance. Click Apply and OK. Check if the Hitman 3 stutter and lag still occur.
Delete Temporary Files from Windows
Again, this is another general step to speed up the system and ultimately fix the Hitman 3 FPS drop, stuttering, and other performance problems. Here are the steps you can follow to clear the temporary files on PC.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing on Windows Key + R
- Type %temp% in the field and hit Enter
- Press Ctrl + A and hit Delete (if you cannot delete some files, let them be and close the Window)
- Again, press Windows Key + R and type temp, hit Enter
- When prompted provide the permission. Delete everything in this folder as well.
- Again, press Windows Key + R and type prefetch, hit Enter
- Press Ctrl + A to select everything and hit the Delete key (skip files that do not delete)
After you are done with the above three processes, empty the Recycle Bin.
How to Fix Hitman 3 Stutter and Lag on PS4 and Xbox One
Unlike PC players, users on PlayStation and Xbox One do not have the option to boost FPS, the performance of the game is optimized by the developers and the FPS is locked. So naturally, if you are playing on an old console, the low FPS may be causing the stutter. You best option is to wait for a patch from the developers to resolve the stuttering. A quick tip to avoid such problems with the game is to avoid scenes that are visually demanding such as a crowded halls.
You can also change the PS4 Video Output Settings to 1080p, disable the Supersampling Mode, and disable face recognition. These few tweaks can improve the performance of the game and boost FPS.
Hopefully, the above solutions have resolved the Hitman 3 Stutter, Lag, and low FPS on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.