Griftlands is a unique single-player roguelike deck-building game which is created by Klei. In this game, everything is negotiable – Money, Loyalty, and even Morality. Recently, PC players are experiencing several issues and errors with this game such as Crash at Startup, Stuttering, Access Error to Game Data, Missing .dll Files, and Low FPS. Here we will try to fix all of these errors one-by-one.
How to Fix Griftlands Crash at Startup, Stuttering, Access Error to Game Data, Missing .dll Files, and Low FPS
There may be a couple of reasons and fixes for all of these issues. We are going to take all these issues one-by-one and will try to fix them.
How to Fix Crash at Startup Issue in Griftlands
There are many players are reporting on various social media threads that the game is crashing at Startup and the game does not start at all. Here are some of the possible fixes for this issue.
– If you’re playing this game on an AMD GPU then it must be some problem with the GPU Driver. So, reinstalling the drivers completely with a different driver version will fix this issue.
– If you’re using your laptop to play this game with an AMD GPU or Nvidia, then the chances are that the game is not switching to the GPU. Follow these instructions to make Griftlands use the dedicated GPU.
For AMD GPU Users: Open Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings > Power > Switchable Graphics Application Settings. Then select the game and select the ‘High-Performance Profile’.
For Nvidia GPU users: Open Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > select the game > select “High-performance Nvidia processor” under preferred preferred graphics option.
– In case, both of these solutions do not work, then chances are the game doesn’t have admin rights. So, to allow, right-click on the game’s exe > properties > Compatibility Tab > check ‘run this program as an administrator. Apply these changes and check – You will no longer have this issue.
How to Fix Stuttering and Low FPS Issue in Griftlands
Nowadays, gamers are having issues of Stuttering and Low FPS while playing Griftlands games which are one of the common issues of PC games. Follow these instructions to fix these issues.
– First of all, install the latest GPU drivers. Also, check ‘Crash at Startup Fix’ to ensure that Griftlands game uses the dedicated GPU and NOT using integrated.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, then start the game and disable in-game v.sync.
Open Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > and select Griftlands. Once opened, make these changes:
1. Set “Power Management Mode to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’
2. Set Vertical Sync to ‘On’
3. Set Texture Filtering Quality to ‘High Performance’.
How to fix ‘Access Error’ to game data in Griftlands
This is the different error that prevents players from playing the game. For PC users, this issue occurs when Windows Defender or Anti-Virus blocking some particular files.
In order to fix this problem, remove the game’s install folder and the documents folder from it and the issue will be resolved.
How to fix ‘Missing .dll Files’ in Griftlands
If you are facing a ‘Missing .dll files’ error while playing Griftlands, check out the following steps to fix this problem.
– If you are having the following error codes, then the problem is related to Visual C++ Redistributable.
In order to fix these error codes, you simply need to reinstall the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable – Both x64 and x86 versions.
– And if you are getting the following error codes, then the problem is related to DirectX.
To fix these .dll missing files errors, you only need to install DirectX. For this, go to the Steam folder and search for ‘Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX’. Run the setup and install DirectX.
That’s it and we hope you find this guide very helpful!