Granblue Fantasy: Relink, a highly anticipated action RPG, has captivated players with its rich narrative and stunning visuals. However, some users have encountered a frustrating problem—cutscene freezing. If you’re facing this issue and find your gaming experience hindered by frozen animations, we’ve compiled a comprehensive guide to help you overcome this obstacle.
How to Fix Granblue Fantasy: Relink Cutscene Freezing Issue
The freezing issue is faced by a lot of users. Here are some solutions to fix this issue.
1. Restart the Game and Adjust Display Settings
- Sometimes, a simple restart can work wonders. Close the game and launch it again to see if the freezing persists.
- Experiment with different display settings such as windowed, borderless, or fullscreen mode. Some players have reported success after altering these settings.
2. Skip the Cutscenes
- If you’re eager to progress and don’t mind missing out on cutscenes, consider skipping them. While not an ideal solution for story enthusiasts, it can be a temporary workaround to continue playing.
3. Update Your Graphics Drivers
- Ensure that your graphics drivers are up-to-date. Outdated drivers are a common cause of game-related issues. Visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer to download and install the latest drivers.
4. Change High DPI Settings
- Navigate to the installation folder of Granblue Fantasy: Relink and locate the executable file (usually ending with .exe).
- Right-click on the .exe file, select “Properties,” and go to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Under “Settings,” find and click on “Change High DPI Settings.”
- Check the box that says “Override High DPI behavior” and set it to “Application.”
- Apply the changes and restart the game to see if the freezing persists.
5. Verify Game Integrity on Steam
- If you’re using the Steam version of the game, verify the integrity of game files. Right-click on Granblue Fantasy: Relink in your Steam library, go to “Properties,” navigate to the “Local Files” tab, and click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files.” This ensures that the game files are not corrupted or missing.
6. Reinstall the Game
- As a last resort, consider uninstalling and reinstalling Granblue Fantasy: Relink. This can help eliminate any corrupted files that might be causing the cutscene freezing.
7. Adjust In-Game Settings
- Experiment with various in-game settings such as graphics quality, resolution, and other visual options. Lowering certain settings might alleviate the strain on your system, potentially reducing the likelihood of cutscene freezing.
8.Check Background Applications
Ensure that no other resource-intensive applications are running in the background while playing Granblue Fantasy: Relink. Close unnecessary programs, especially those that use significant system resources, to free up processing power for the game.
9. Disable Steam Overlay
- Open Steam and go to your game library.
- Right-click on Granblue Fantasy: Relink and select “Properties.”
- Uncheck the box that says “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.”
- Click “Close” and launch the game again.
Disabling the Steam Overlay can resolve compatibility issues that might be contributing to the cutscene freezing.
If none of the above solutions work, reach out to the official support channels for Granblue Fantasy: Relink. Developers and support teams may have additional insights or specific fixes for persistent issues.