It’s hard to believe Genshin Impact is a free-to-play game with the features of the game comparable to big titles. That’s particularly the reason why it’s taking the gaming community by storm, but being an always-online game, it comes with a range of problems from server-side issues to problems with the client. While most errors are due to a problem with your regional server, the Genshin Impact launch button greyed out appears to be a problem with your client. Stick around and we will tell you all about the error across devices and how you can jump into the game again.
Fix Genshin Impact Launch Button Greyed Out
Whenever the game is launched on PS4, mobile, or PC, the game scans the servers for any new downloadable resources. It’s something that the game does at every instance of launch. However, if the process is interrupted due to any reason such as closing the game unexpectedly, internet connectivity problems, internet congestion, or other reasons, you may see the Genshin Impact launch button greyed out.
As this is a connection problem on the client-side, there is no straightaway fix you can try. Here is some connectivity do’s you should ensure.
- Use a wired internet connection such as Ethernet cable or Powerline, instead of Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot. Wireless connections are generally volatile and can result in connection lost for just an instance which can cause the above error.
- For players on PS4, the troubleshooting option is quite limited. You should hard-reset the PS4, that solves a lot of problems including the Genshin Impact launch button greyed out. If that does not work, you may have to reinstall the game.
- For players on all platforms, reset the internet router. It can solve a lot of connectivity problems to the game servers.
- Cable connections, fiber, and DSL offer the best gaming experience. On the other hand, internet service providers such as satellite, wireless, and cellular are less reliable for online gaming.
- If the wired connection is not an option for you, change the channel of the router to the one that’s least used and go from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz or vice versa.
- When using a wireless connection, ensure that the mobile, PC, or PS4 is close to the router/modem.
- Do not use a lot of devices on the same network or have bandwidth-intensive tasks ongoing while playing the game.
- Ensure all the firmware for the network device is updated. If you have been using the same network hardware for a long time, contact the ISP for an upgrade.
- Try changing the network connection, for example, if you are using Wi-Fi, switch to wired or mobile internet.
- Ensure the NAT type is Open.
If the play button is still greyed out on Genshin Impact, a lot of players were able to connect to the game by repeatedly attempting to connect to the game. Not a fix you would like to hear about, but, it’s worked for a lot of players so you may try it.
For players on PC, you have a bunch of things you can do including manually forcing the game to download or check for updates. You can do this by going to the install location of the game and find the file Update Program. Double-click on the file to check for updates. The option for PS4 and mobile users is limited, you can re-launch the game to check for updates.
For players on PC, use the game executable to launch the game, you will find the .exe file in the install directory.
If none of the above solutions have been of help, players on all platforms should attempt to reinstall the game, which can fix the Genshin Impact launch button greyed out problem. That’s all we have in this guide, check our Genshin Impact game category for more error guides and quick fix.