Forza Horizon 4 released on Steam yesterday, but the game has been having a range of issues with a large number of players reporting being unable to launch the game. But, that’s not all, the game stutters and users using wheels are also having a hard time. But, not being able to launch a game after purchasing is most frustrating. Fortunately, there are a few solutions you can try to fix Forza Horizon 4 game won’t launch, crash at startup, and not launching.
How to Fix Forza Horizon 4 Won’t Launch and Crash at Startup
Before you go ahead with the rest of the solutions, we suggest that you check for any update for the Windows and also, update the Graphics Card Driver. You may be able to fix the Forza Horizon 4 won’t launch or crash at startup by simply updating the OS or the driver. If the issue still occurs, restart the system after installing the game and attempt to launch. No luck? Try the rest of the solutions.
- Disable the antivirus on your system, restart the computer and check if the error occurs. If that does not work, do this – uninstall the game > restart the computer > disable the antivirus > download and install the game > launch the game > enable the antivirus > whitelist the game on the antivirus program.
- Try launching the game from the executable. To locate the executable, launch Steam > go to Library > right-click on Forza Horizon 4 > Properties > Local Files > click on Browse. Try to launch the game from the executable.
- Launch the game in a Clean Boost environment. Here are the steps you can follow – Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter > Services > Check Hide all Microsoft services > Disable all > Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager > Disable one task at a time and restart the system.
- The Steam Overlay can also be the culprit. As such disable it. To disable the Steam Overlay – launch Steam client > Library > right-click on Forza Horizon 4 > Properties > General tab > uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- If the Forza Horizon 4 won’t launch or crash at startup is still occurring, you must disable the Discord and GeForce Experience Overlay as well.
- Ensure that the game is set to high priority via the Task Manager and follow the steps – Windows > Settings > type Apps & Features > title > Advanced Options > Reset.
If the problem still occurs, you may want to check if the DirectX and the Visual C++ are updated. Also ensure that you enable UPnP on router. If you have better solutions, let us know in the comments.