Football Manager 2023 is an incredible football management simulation game. It is one of the most engrossing games ever offering plenty of details on how you manage and run your club.
But unfortunately, for some players the game keeps crashing, won’t start, and not launching on their PCs. If you are also experiencing the same issue and can’t access the game due to such random crashes, no worries. Go through this guide as we have covered all the potential solutions to fix these issues.
How to Fix Football Manager 2023 Crashing, Won’t Start, and Not Launching Issues
Football Manager 203 crashing, won’t start, and not launching on your PC can be caused by several factors. Thankfully, in this guide, we give you a complete step-by-step guide so that you can enjoy the game without any issues.
Well, we will first start the troubleshooting guide with minimum system requirements. To run the game FM23, first of all, make sure your system meets the minimum requirements.
– CPU: Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64 X2
– RAM: 4 GB
– OS: Windows 7 64-bit, 8/8.1, 10
– Video Card: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM
– Pixel Shader: 4.0
– Vertex Shader: 4.0
– Free Disk Space: 7 GB
– Dedicated Video RAM: 256 MB
1. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
The crashing, won’t’ start, or crashing issue could be due to some corrupted or missing game files. So, the first method to resolve these issues is to verify the integrity of game files. To do so:
– Open up the Steam client and go to the game library
– Right-click on the Football Manager 2023 and go to its Properties
– Click on Local Files and then click on “Verify integrity of game files”
– Once done, relaunch the game and the issue should be resolved
2. Temporary Disable Antivirus Program or Windows Firewall
Sometimes, your anti-virus program or Windows firewall prevents the game from running properly and smoothly. If that is the case, disable your antivirus program or firewall temporarily and then try to run the game.
3. Update Windows
It is very important to have the Windows updated to the latest version otherwise the game will start crashing or not launching. To update:
– Open up Settings or press Win + I on your keyboard
– Go to Windows Update
– Click on “Check for Updates”
If you find any update available, install it and then launch the game. The issue should be fixed now.
4. Run the Game in a Clean Boot Environment
If the above methods don’t work, try running the game in a Clean Boot environment. This method will fix the issue if any third-party software interferes with the game and causes crashing and won’t launch issues. For this:
– Press the Win + R keys to open up the Run dialogue box and type msconfig and then press Enter
– From the General tab, uncheck load startup items
– Go to the Services tab
– Check to Hide all Microsoft services
– Click on “Disable all”
– Lastly hit Apply and then Ok
5. Close Backgrounds Tasks
At times, unnecessary applications and unnecessarily running tasks in the background can prevent FM 23 from running the property. So, close them all one by one from Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del and hit “End Task”. Once closed, launch the game again and you are good to go.
6. Run the Game as Administrator:
If you have not given the game any administrative privileges, the game might not launch properly. So, try to run the game as an administrator. For this:
– Go to the folder where the game is saved on your system and right-click on the Football Manager.exe file.
– Next, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
– Click on the Run this program as an administrator
– Lastly, click on Apply and select Ok to apply changes
7. Update Graphic Drivers
If your system has an outdated graphics driver, the FM 23 may freeze. To fix this issue, make sure to install the latest GRU drivers. To update GPU manually, here are the steps to follow:
– Right-click on the “Start Menu” and open the “Quick Access Menu”
– Click on “Device Manager”
– Next, double-click on the Display adapters
– Right-click on the dedicated graphics card name
– Select Update driver >> Select “Search automatically for drivers”
– If the update is available, it will start downloading and install the latest version automatically
– Lastly, reboot your PC and check if you can launch the game properly
8. Update your DirectX
DirectX has a collection of all APIs and it offers several great features that help to run the game smoothly. So, make sure it is updated to the latest version. You can get the updated version from Microsoft Download Center.
9. Disable Steam Overlay
In case your PC is not powerful and you are running any Overlay programs, it can cause your game to crash and won’t launch. In that case, turning off overlays is the best method to fix the issues. To do so:
– Open Steam
– Click on Steam found on the upper left side of the client
– Click on Settings
– Click on ‘In-Game’
– Uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game box
– Click on ‘Ok’
10. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions work, your last resort is to uninstall the game completely and then reinstall it. Most probably, the issue should be fixed after reinstalling the game.
That’s everything you can do to fix Football Manager 2023 crashing, won’t start, and not launching issues.