Over the past few years, Ubisoft has been releasing games that demand a lot from the user’s PC. Going apart from the tradition, the company has more than the usual category for system specifications, with most users barely meeting the min specifications. But the stutter and lag in a game do not reflect on your system’s capabilities. Sometimes a simple tweak in the setting and certain do’s can ensure that you can play Far Cry 6 without the stuttering and lag. But, it always helps if your system specifications at least meet the recommended level, below that you are bound to encounter performance problems.
There isn’t much you can do on the console such as Xbox Series X|S, Xbox, PS4, and Ps5 if the game stutters. But, not much does not mean nothing. Stick with the post and we will share the Far Cry 6 stutter and lag fix.
Far Cry 6 Stuttering and Lag Fix on PC
If your system is well within the recommended level to play the game and you still run into Far Cry stuttering and lag on PC, the issue and fix may be one of the below.
- Third-party applications interfering with the game
- Third-party software can cause all sorts of problems from consuming too much resources, interfering with the game’s process, etc. Hence, we suggest that you run the game after performing a clean boot. You can use our website’s search to find a post with the steps. Simply type Clean Boot Environment in the website search.
- Update the GPU driver
- Nvidia has a new driver with day-one support for Far Cry 6 and a bunch of other games released recently or upcoming. Ensure that you have updated the GPU driver to that. Here is the link.
- Reduce the game settings
- If you playing the game on high settings, you should see a significant improvement in performance once you lower the graphics settings. While you are at the graphics settings, also ensure that to run Far Cry 6 on Fullscreen mode.
- Cap the FPS to 60
- A variable FPS is not ideal as it can strain the GPU and cause the Far Cry 6 stuttering and lag. Cap the FPS to 60 or to match your screen’s refresh rate. Start by capping at 60 and check the performance.
- Disable the HD Texture Pack
- The HD texture pack require a high amount of VRAM, which could be causing issues on your PC. Disable the HD texture pack and it should help the game run smoother.
- Ensure that the internet is not to blame
- If you have taken care of all the above and the game still stutters and lags, it’s possible that your internet connection may be to blame. Either play the game offline or have a consistent internet connection.
- Do not overclock the GPU or CPU
- OC is great, it gives you the boot your system requires for max performance, but it can also strain the GPU/CPU, healing and destabilizing it, which in turn can result in stutter. If you are overclocking, ensure to disable those, even the Intel Turbo Boost.
Far Cry 6 Stuttering and Lag Fix on Xbox, PS4, and PS5
Unfortunately, console users do not have the same amount of options when it comes to fixing problems with a game. But, the good news is that if there is an issue with the game it’s likely due to poor optimizations, which the devs can address in a patch. Ubisoft rolls out updates on a regular basis to fix issues with the game including the Far Cry 6 stuttering and lag on Xbox, PS4, and PS5. So, ensure that you have the latest update for the game. Another issue that users on console are running into is the Far Cry 6 screen tearing, usually, the V-sync should remedy that, but the game does not have the option.
Another thing to keep in mind when the game stutters are to ensure that the console is well ventilated and not overheating. If you have been running the console for a long time, turn it down and give it time to cool. Doing so will fix the stuttering.
That’s all we have in this guide, we hope you were able to fix the Far Cry 6 stuttering and lag on PC, PS4, Xbox, and PS5 after following the above tips. If you have a solution we didn’t cover, drop them in the comments.