Lately, many Steam users are running into an error “Prerequisite data was missing from the session” when they try to link their Steam account on the Bnet website. This error message indicates that there are some communication issues between Steam and Battle.net. However, this error can be caused by several factors such as a minor temporary glitch, outdated software, an issue with your account, etc. But worry not. Here we have covered all potential methods to fix the error.
How to Fix Error Prerequisite Data Was Missing From Session on Linking Steam Account to Battle.Net Account
As you have read above, there could be several reasons behind this error and so, here we have provided multiple workarounds to fix the error “Prerequisite data was missing from the session” on linking a Steam account to a Battle.Net account.
1. First of all, make sure to update Steam as well as Battle.net. If any of them is outdated, you might receive this error so update both of them to the latest version and check if the issue is fixed.
2. Double-check that the information you are entering such as your Battle.net username, password, and Steam credentials is correct. Some typo errors in these details can lead to this error.
3. Sometimes, network-related issues can cause problems with data transfer between accounts so make sure your internet connection is fast and stable.
4. Sometimes, the error occurs due to server issues so try linking your accounts at a different time.
If these basic workarounds don’t help to resolve the error, below are some other methods you can try to get rid of it.
5. Try logging out from your Battle.net account, restarting your PC, and then logging back into your Battle.net account. Once done, try logging in to your Steam account.
6. The next method we recommend is to try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
7. Try using a different browser. That means, if you are launching Steam through Chrome, then try opening it on Firefox or Edge.
8. Your last resort is to reach out to the Blizzard support team for further help.
That’s everything you can try fixing an error “Prerequisite data was missing from the session” on linking a Steam account to a Battle.Net account.
Read next: How to fix Steam error code 21.