Microsoft often releases new updates to address security vulnerabilities in Microsoft’s software products. However, these new updates sometimes bring new bugs and errors. Recently, many users are reporting that they are running into 0x80072EFD, 0x80072EFE, or 0x80D02002 error codes. These error codes come with an error message – Time_Out_Errors. Usually, these errors occur due to a poor internet connection, outdated Windows update, or conflict with other software. Thankfully, this guide has covered all potential methods to fix these error codes.
How to Fix Error Code 0x80072EFD, 0x80072EFE, 0x80D02002 On Windows 11 PC
The methods are straightforward and this guide will show you how you can fix Windows 11 error codes 0x80072EFD, 0x80072EFE, or 0x80D02002.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
As we have mentioned, one of the main reasons behind these errors could be a poor and unstable internet connection. So, make sure there is no issue in your connection. However, you can also try resetting your internet router/modem or try switching it from WiFi to a Wired connection as a Wired connection provides a more stable and reliable connection.
2. Disable the Proxy and Reset the Firewall
The very first solution we recommend to fix any of the above errors on a Windows 11 PC is to disable the proxy and reset the Firewall program using the following commands. For this:
1. Go to the Windows search box, and type in ‘cmd’.
2. Right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ and click on ‘Run as administrator’ – Then click on ‘Yes’ to allow.
3. Now, copy and paste the following commands one by one and hit ‘Enter’.
– netsh advfirewall export “c:\backup_firewall_policies.wfw”
– netsh advfirewall reset
– netsh winhttp reset proxy
– bitsadmin /util /setieproxy localsystem NO_PROXY RESET
4. Once done, restart your PC and the error should be fixed.
3. Run the Update Troubleshooter
If the error persists, try running the update troubleshooter. Here are some simple steps to follow:
– Open up Start menu >> Settings >> System >> Troubleshooter >> Other troubleshooters >> lastly select Windows Update.
4. Clear Windows Store Cache
This is a classic method and it can also help to resolve the above error codes. To do this:
– Press Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
– Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.
– The Windows Store will open automatically, and the cache will be cleared.
5. Disable VPN Service Temporarily
If you are using any of the VPN services on your PC, then try disabling it temporarily during the Windows update process and then check, the error should be fixed now.
That’s everything you can try fixing error codes 0x80072EFD, 0x80072EFE, or 0x80D02002 on Windows 11 PC.