EA offers a lot of really expensive games that requires the Origin client to play, but players who install the Origin new or randomly may get the Origin MSVCP140.dll Missing or the Origin VCRUNTIME140.dll Not Found. It can be frustrating as you cannot launch the client and play your games until the problem with the client is fixed. Before you start blaming EA for the issue, know that the missing DLL are an issue with your computer and not the Origin client or the EA. Not to worry though, we will help you fix both errors in the game.
What Causes the MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll errors?
MSVCP140.dll is an essential component of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages 2015 and is crucial for games developed with Visual C++. If you are getting the Origin MSVCP140.dll Missing error, it means you either do not have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable installed on your computer or it’s corrupted. As such, the most effective fix for you would be to reinstall the C++ Redistributable.
The VCRUNTIME140.dll is one of several runtime libraries of Visual C++ version 2015, 2017, and 2019. So, if you get the error where the origin client does not start due to VCRUNTIME140.dll errors missing error, the reason is corruption or missing Visual C++ version 2015, 2017, and 2019.
How to Fix EA Desktop or Origin MSVCP140.dll Missing and VCRUNTIME140.dll Not Found
Whenever a missing DLL errors occurs, especially in the gaming community, users rush and download the specific DLL in an attempt to solve the issue, but that can be damagers and we do not recommend it. Here are all the solutions you can try to fix the Origin MSVCP140.dll Missing and VCRUNTIME140.dll Not Found errors.
Fix 1: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
Reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 is the first fix you must try to repair the EA Desktop MSVCP140.dll Missing error. To perform the steps, you must follow the guidelines set by Microsoft. Here are the steps.
- Download the software from the Official Website
- Click on Download
- Download both the vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe
- After the download is complete, install the software following on-screen prompts.
Now, try launching Origin and check if the error occurs.
Fix 2: Update the Operating System
Updating the Windows operating system is simple. Follow the below steps to update the Windows OS.
- Go to Windows Settings by pressing Windows Key + I
- Select Update & Security
- Click on Check for Updates
- Windows will automatically check for updates, download, and install.
- Navigate below to find Download and install now under Optional updates available, click on Download and install now
- Allow the installation process to complete
Once done, try running the game and check if the error occurs.
Fix 3: Run the SFC Command
If the above fixes have failed to resolve the error, you can try to fix it by running sfc command that replaces corrupt files with the new.
- Open Command Prompt in Admin Mode (Press Windows + R, type cmd, press Shift + Ctrl + Enter, and click Yes)
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Allow the process to complete.
Now, try running the game.
Fix 4: Deregister VCRUNTIME140.dll File & Re-register
More often than not, re-registering the VCRUNTIME140.dll File on your operating system can fix the .dll error with Origin. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialogue box
- Type cmd and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter to enter Command Prompt in Admin Mode
- Type regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll and hit Enter to deregister the file from the operating system
- Type regsvr32 VCRUNTIME140.dll and hit Enter to re-register
- Restart the system and check if the error was resolved.
Fix 5: Verify the System for Malware
If you are not using an antivirus software, it might be time to download and purchase one. It’s an essential program that protects you against all types of viruses and malwares. If you already have one on your system, ensure it’s updated. You can also run a full scan of your system using the Windows Virus & Threat Protection. But, whichever software you choose to run, ensure you perform a complete scan of the system including all external drives attached to the computer.
That’s it in this guide, but if the Origin MSVCP140.dll Missing and VCRUNTIME140.dll Not Found error still appears, let us know in the comments.