If you enjoy playing intense first-person games, then Dungeonborne is a great choice. It is the latest first-person PvPvE dungeon crawler game developed by Mithril Interactive and released for Microsoft Windows. However, like any other modern online game, one of the common problems faced by many players is that the game is crashing, stuttering, and low FPS (Frames Per Second). If you are also experiencing the same issue and wondering how to get rid of it, stick to this guide as we have covered all potential methods to resolve this problem.
How to Fix Dungeonborne Crashing, Stuttering, and Low FPS
Crashing, stuttering, and low FPS issues in Dungeonborne can significantly hinder the gaming experience. Thankfully, there are several steps you can take to resolve these issues and this guide has covered all potential workarounds.
1. Check System Requirements
Before anything else, make sure your system is powerful enough to run massive online games like Dungeonborne. Below are the complete specifications of the minimum and recommended system requirements.
Minimum System Requirements:
– OS: Windows 10
– Processor: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
– Memory: 8 GB RAM
– Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7850
– DirectX: Version 11
– Storage: 20 GB available space
Recommended System Requirements:
– OS: Windows 10
– Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent
– Memory: 16 GB RAM
– Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580
– DirectX: Version 12
– Storage: 20 GB available space
2. Update Graphics Drivers
Updating graphics drivers is one of the common troubleshooting steps to resolve various problems with the game including crashing, stuttering, and low fps. So, simply update your GPU drivers to the latest version provided by the manufacturer’s website (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) and then check if the issue is resolved.
3. Update Operating System
Additionally, also ensure that your operating system is up to date with the latest updates. To do this: Select Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update and then select Check for updates. If updates are available, install them.
4. Repair Game Files
Any missing or corrupted game files can also cause this problem so try repairing such game files and check if the issue is resolved. Here is how you can repair game files via Steam. Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify integrity of game files. After the scanning, relaunch the game and you will be able to play the game without any issues.
5. Lowering In-game Graphics Settings
Lowering graphical settings can often improve performance. In Dungeonborne, you can adjust settings such as resolution, texture quality, shadow quality, and anti-aliasing. Experiment with different settings until you find a balance between visual quality and performance.
6. Running the Game as an Administrator
Running a game as an administrator can sometimes be necessary to overcome certain issues related to permissions and access rights. The steps to try this method are quite simple: Right-click on the game executable or shortcut and select “Run as Administrator.”
7. Temporary Disable Your Firewall or Antivirus Program
Firewall and antivirus programs are vital for your system but sometimes they interfere with the smooth function of the game. So, try disabling them temporarily and check if this method worked to resolve Dungeonborne crashing, stuttering, and low fps issues.
8. Disable Full Screen Optimization
Try disabling full-screen optimization to fix the game’s crashing, stuttering, and low fps problems. Follow these steps:
– Go to the directory where the game is installed on your system.
– Right-click on the game’s executable file.
– Choose “Properties” from the context menu.
– In the Properties window, go to the “Compatibility” tab.
– Locate and check the option that says “Disable full-screen optimizations.”
9. Disable Background Applications
Sometimes, other applications and programs running in the background can interfere with the smooth function of the game. So, try closing unnecessary programs running in the background and check if the issue is resolved.
10. Revert Overclocking to Default Settings
If you have overclocked your CPU or GPU, unstable overclocks can also cause crashes and instability. So, try reverting overclocks to default settings and check if the issue is resolved.
11. Try Running the Game from the Game Folder
If the issue persists, try running the game directly from the game folder and check if this trick worked. By doing this, you can skip any problems with the platform and launch the game straight from its folder. For this:
– Go to the folder where the game is installed on your system.
– Find the file that starts the game, which usually ends with “.exe”.
– Double-click that file to open the game.
12. Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable
If the issue persists, make sure DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable packages are up to date. These are essential components for running many games, including Dungeonborne.
13. Bypass DirectX11
If Dungeonborne keeps crashing because of DirectX11, try bypassing it while launching the game. Below are the steps to do this:
– Right-click on Dungeonborne in your game library.
– Click on “Properties” and then go to the “Launch Options” tab.
– Add “-nod3d11” (without quotes) to the launch options.
That’s it for this guide on how to fix Dungeonborne crashing, stuttering, and low fps issues.