The MSVCP100.dll, MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP140.dll, and VCRUNTIME140.dll not found is a common error that has plagued players in previous titles of Dirt. If you have encountered any of the DLLs missing, our guide can help you resolve the errors. Keep scrolling to know about the DLLs and fix the errors.
What Causes the MSVCP100.dll, MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP140.dll, And VCRUNTIME140.dll errors?
MSVCP100.dll, MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP140.dll, and VCRUNTIME140.dll are essential components of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages 2015 and is crucial for games developed with Visual C++. If the file becomes corrupted or goes missing it can cause the game to collapse and result in the missing or corrupted .dll message.
The MSVCP100.dll, MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP140.dll, and VCRUNTIME140.dll is one of several runtime libraries of Visual C++ version 2015, 2017, and 2019. These libraries play a critical role in running the game and software developed using the Visual Studio. If you encounter the Not Found, it generally means the .dll file has gone missing for some reason and reinstalling the Visual C++, the game, or installing the .dll file can fix the problem.
How to Fix Dirt 5 MSVCP100.dll, MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP140.dll, And VCRUNTIME140.dll Not Found/Missing?
You can fix the Dirt 5 MSVCP100.dll, MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP140.dll, And VCRUNTIME140.dll missing or not found problem by downloading the file and installing it separately. A simple Google search will present you a bunch of website to download the file.
However, downloading the .dll file from a third-party website can be dangerous. Hence, you should reinstall the Microsoft Visual C+++ Redistributables for both x86 and x64 versions. This will effectively fix the error. If it does not resolve the error, try these fixes.
Fix 1: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
Reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 is the first fix you must try to repair the MSVCP100.dll, MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP140.dll, and VCRUNTIME140.dll error. To perform the steps, you must follow the guidelines set by Microsoft. Here are the steps.
- Download the software from the Official Website
- Click on Download
- Download both versions of the file
- After the download is complete, install the software following on-screen prompts.
Now, try playing Dirt 5 and check if the error appears.
Fix 2: Update the Operating System
Updating the Windows operating system is simple. Follow the below steps to update the Windows OS..
- Go to Windows Settings by pressing Windows Key + I
- Select Update & Security
- Click on Check for Updates
- Windows will automatically check for updates, download, and install.
- Navigate below to find Download and install now under Optional updates available, click on Download and install now
- Allow the installation process to complete
Once done, try running the game and check if the error occurs.
Fix 3: Run the SFC Command
If the above fixes have failed to resolve the error, you can try to fix it by running sfc command that replaces corrupt files with the new.
- Open Command Prompt in Admin Mode (Press Windows + R, type cmd, press Shift + Ctrl + Enter, and click Yes)
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Allow the process to complete.
Now, try running the game. and check if Dirt 5 MSVCP100.dll, MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP140.dll, And VCRUNTIME140.dll missing or not found error is fixed.
Fix 4: Deregister VCRUNTIME140.dll File & Re-register
More often than not, re-registering the VCRUNTIME140.dll File on your operating system can fix the .dll error with Dirt 5. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialogue box
- Type cmd and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter to enter Command Prompt in Admin Mode
- Type regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll and hit Enter to deregister the file from the operating system
- Type regsvr32 VCRUNTIME140.dll and hit Enter to re-register
- Restart the system and check if the error was resolved.
Fix 5: Verify the System for Malware
If you are not using an antivirus software, it might be time to download and purchase one. It’s an essential program that protects you against all types of viruses and malwares. If you already have one on your system, ensure it’s updated. You can also run a full scan of your system using the Windows Virus & Threat Protection. But, whichever software you choose to run, ensure you perform a complete scan of the system including all external drives attached to the computer.
That’s it in this guide, but if the Dirt 5 MSVCP100.dll, MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP140.dll, and VCRUNTIME140.dll missing or not found error still appears, let us know in the comments.