Diablo 4, the highly anticipated action role-playing game from Blizzard Entertainment, promises an immersive multiplayer experience. However, some players have encountered issues with the game’s voice chat feature not working as intended. In this article, we will explore various troubleshooting steps to fix the Diablo 4 voice chat problem and ensure a seamless communication experience.
How to Fix Diablo 4 Voice Chat Not Working
The cause of the voice chat issue in diablo 4 is unknown but the developers are aware of this issue. Here are some solutions from developers and users to fix this issue.
Modify the Game Installation
Performing a Modify Install can help resolve the Diablo 4 voice chat issue. Follow these steps:
- Launch Diablo IV beta on the Battle.net client.
- Click on Options (gear icon) and select Modify Install.
- Under Default Language, click on Change languages.
- Select the languages you want to communicate in during the game, besides English.
- Set English or your preferred language under Select Default Language and confirm the changes.
- Restart the game to apply the modification.
Turn on Microphone Access for Your Device
Sometimes, the voice chat may not work due to microphone access restrictions on your device. Ensure that Diablo 4 has the necessary permissions to access your microphone by following these steps:
- Go to your device’s settings and navigate to the privacy or app permissions section.
- Find the microphone permissions and ensure that Diablo 4 is allowed to access it.
- Restart the game and check if the voice chat is now functioning correctly.
Repair Game Files
Corrupted game files can often cause various issues, including problems with the voice chat feature. Repairing the game files can help resolve these issues. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Battle.net client and navigate to the Diablo 4 game page.
- Click on the Options (gear icon) and select Scan and Repair.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete, and the client will automatically repair any corrupted files.
- Launch the game and check if the voice chat is now working as intended.
Update Audio Drivers
Outdated or incompatible audio drivers can also lead to voice chat problems in Diablo 4. To ensure that your audio drivers are up to date, follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager on your computer.
- Expand the “Sound, video, and game controllers” category.
- Right-click on your audio device and select “Update driver.”
- Choose the option to search for updated drivers automatically.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver update process.
- Restart your computer and launch Diablo 4 to see if the voice chat issue is resolved.
Fix the In-Game Sound Output Settings
Mismatched sound output settings can cause the voice chat to malfunction. To fix this, follow these steps:
- Launch Diablo 4 and navigate to the game’s Main Menu.
- Go to the Sound Tab.
- Locate the Game Sound Output option and click on the dropdown menu.
- Select the correct audio device that you are using for voice chat.
- Confirm the changes and restart the game.
Change the Voice Chat Mode
Lastly, try changing the Voice Chat mode in the game settings. You can toggle between push-to-talk and Open Mic options to see if it resolves the voice chat problem. Follow these steps:
- Open Diablo 4 and go to the Options menu.
- Navigate to the Voice Chat settings.
- Switch between push-to-talk and Open Mic options.
- Test the voice chat functionality after making the changes.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to fix the voice chat not working issue in Diablo 4.