Diablo 4 is one of the highly anticipated action RPGs of 2023. However, this game is not free from various bugs and issues. “UNHANDLED EXCEPTION ACCESS_VIOLATION” is one of the errors faced by many players across the world. Due to this error, many gamers are losing their game progress which is quite frustrating. If you are also going through the same issue, don’t worry, and check out this guide. Here we have covered all potential methods to fix this issue.
How to Fix Diablo 4 Unhandled Exception Access_Violation Error
Like many other players, if you are also encountering an “Unhandled exception Access_Violation” error in Diablo 4, then stick to this guide and learn what you can do to resolve this issue.
Before you start the following troubleshooting steps, make sure to restart your game once. In case the issue is occurring due to a minor glitch, it will get fixed automatically after the restart. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, try the below troubleshooting steps.
1. First of all, make sure you have the latest version of the game. Blizzard Entertainment often releases new updates to the game to address bugs. So, make sure your game is updated to the latest version.
2. Sometimes, your antivirus program can also cause this problem so we recommend trying disabling your antivirus program and checking if that trick worked.
3. Updating your graphics drivers should be your next move because outdated graphics drivers are one of the reasons behind the crashing or closing Diablo 4 issue.
– Press the Win key + X and select Device Manager
– Expand the Display Adapters category
– Right-click on your graphics card and select Update Driver
– After updating, relaunch the game and you won’t experience this issue
4. Close all applications and software running in the background to resolve any software conflicts and free up resources.
5. Repairing the game files is also one of the best and most generic methods to fix the “Unhandled exception Access_Violation” error in the game. To do this: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on Diablo 4 >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify the integrity of game files. Wait until the process to complete and then relaunch the game.
6. If nothing worked, your last resort is to uninstall the game completely and then reinstall it.
That’s it for this guide. Hopefully, one of these methods will help you to fix the Diablo 4 “Unhandled exception Access_Violation” error.
Read next: How to fix Diablo 4 stuttering, FPS drops, and performance issues.