Diablo 4, the highly anticipated action role-playing game, offers an immersive experience for PlayStation 5 (PS5) users. However, encountering the error message “Device sent too many requests to the server. Please try again later” can be frustrating and hinder your gameplay. In this article, we will explore potential solutions to fix this internet connection issue in Diablo 4 for PS5.
How to Fix Diablo 4 “Device Sent Too Many Requests to the Server” Error
The cause of the error is not known but still itis assumed that it is from the Playstation side. Here are some ways to fix this error and get back to Diablo 4 again.
Restart the Game
One of the initial troubleshooting steps is to restart the game. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold the PS button on the DualSense controller to open the PS5 home menu.
- Navigate to the Diablo 4 game icon and press the Options button.
- Select the “Close Game” option from the pop-up window.
- Reopen the game by selecting its icon on the home menu.
Restart the PS5 Console
If restarting the game did not resolve the issue, try restarting your PS5 console. Follow these steps:
- Press the PS button on the DualSense controller to open the Control Center quick menu.
- Scroll down and navigate to the right to select the “Power” option.
- Choose “Restart PS5” from the pop-up window.
After the console restarts, attempt to log into the Diablo 4 servers again to see if the error persists.
Power Cycle the PS5 Console
Power cycling the PS5 console can help refresh the system and potentially resolve connectivity issues. Follow these steps:
- Ensure that the console is turned off completely.
- Unplug the power cord from the power outlet and wait for at least 20 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in and turn on the console.
- Attempt to sign into your account in Diablo 4.
Check Server Status
It is possible that the game servers are undergoing maintenance or are temporarily unavailable. Check the PSN server status to determine if this is the case. Visit the official PlayStation Network status page or follow their social media channels for updates on server availability. If the servers are down, you may need to wait until they are back online to access Diablo 4.
Verify Internet Connection
Ensure that your internet connection is stable and functioning properly. Perform a speed test on your network to determine if there are any issues with your connection speed or stability. If necessary, try connecting your PS5 console directly to the router using an Ethernet cable for a more reliable connection.
Update the Game
Make sure that your Diablo 4 game is up to date with the latest patches and updates. Developers often release updates to address known issues and improve server stability. Check for updates in the game’s menu or in the PS5 system settings.
If none of the above solutions resolve the issue, it may be helpful to contact the game’s support team or the PlayStation support team for further assistance.
Read next: Fix Overleaf Server Error