Season 15 of Destiny 2 arrives on 24th August and players can now enjoy loads of new loot including two new seasonal activities along with a rich story. Regrettably, things have not gone as intended so far and players are encountering several technical glitches. One of the recent issues experiencing by many players in the game is Crashing and Freezing after the most recent update. Besides, the game doesn’t show any error code while freezing or crashing, which makes the situation more difficult. Luckily, Bungie Inc has already acknowledged this issue on Twitter but they have not revealed any solutions yet.
However, some of the players have tried some workarounds on their ways. Let’s find out below:
How to Fix Destiny 2 Season of the Lost Crashing
Many players have tried some solutions and it worked. You can try them as well to fix the Destiny 2 Season of the Lost Crashing issue.
- Disable all overlays: One of the best and easy solutions tried by many players is to disable all the overlays running in the game for instance Windows Game Bar, Discord, NVIDIA/AMD metrics, and other apps.
- Set your FPS below 120: One of the Reddit users tried this solution and it worked. He mentioned that to set your FPS anywhere below 120 and then play the game and it won’t crash. We suggest that you start from 60 and check the performance of the game, then, increase while monitoring the perforamnce.
- Play the game in Windowed mode: Another solution that has worked for users is to play the game in Windowed mode.
- Verify Integrity of Game Files: There is a chance that the update corrupted some game files and that’s the reason behind the crash. So, check the game files on Steam by Verifying the integrity of game files. But, before you do that try something that a user’s error log suggests. If there is a problem with the HeX, it could be that the game execuatble is corrupted. Delete the destiny2.exe and destiny2launcher.exe from the game folder and then, attempt to repair the game files. The two files you deleted will be replaced and that should fix the Destiny 2 crashing.
- Terminate Battleye Launcher Process: While we are not sure about this fix, but we share it as it seems to work for a few users on Reddit. After the game has launched and you are into selecting a characater, check Task Manager for the Battleye Launcher process and terminate it. Doing so fixed the crashing issue for some users. We are not sure about this fix becasue the Battleye is an intergral part of the game and could lead to immediate crash. But, try it there is nothing to lose. The next time you boot the game, the launcher should start auto.
In case, these solutions do not work, then wait for some more days as the dev team will surely find out its solution as they have already acknowledged this issue. Hopefully, the problem will get fixed in the next patch/solution.
That’s all for this guide on how to Fix Destiny 2 Season of the Lost Crashing.
Also, check out our next post – How to Fix Destiny 2 Servers are Currently Unavailable Error.