The Destiny 2 error code Wasp generally occurs due to a failed update or patch of the game. This can be due to a variety of problems such as a connection issue or others. Regardless, the fix is pretty simple, use a secure connection while downloading the game files and ensure the connection remains stable. If you have encountered the error, try power cycling the console to fix the issue and download the game again.
Here is how you can fix the error code Wasp in Destiny 2.
Fix 1: Use a Wired Internet Connection
As this problem is mostly encountered when users were downloading the game patch or updating over the Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot, the first this you should do to fix this problem is switch to a wired internet connection. Then, download the game files after you have cleared the cache. Try the next solution to clear console cache.
Fix 2: Power Cycle the Cache
Destiny 2 error code Wasp is commonly found with console users. So, if you happen to encounter the Wasp error, try power cycling the console. Here are the steps to do that.
- Close the game, and power down the console.
- After you have completely shut down the console, dislodge the power cable and allow the console to rest for a few minutes.
- Also, displace the power cable from the router or modem and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Connect the power cable in the network setup and start it.
- Once it has completely started, connect the power cable to the console and start it.
- Launch Destiny 2 and try playing the game, check if the Destiny 2 error code Wasp still appears.
Fix 3: Try Playing a Different Game
The wasp error can also occur due to overlapping game files. You can fix this by closing Destiny 2 and playing some other game. Follow the steps to fix the Wasp error.
- Launch the game and close it after a few minutes.
- Launch any other game or one of the recently played games.
- Play it for half an hour or more and close the game.
- Again launch Destiny 2 and the update should resume automatically. The error should disappear.
Fix 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
Although one or the other steps have worked for most users, there are also players who could not fix the problem using the above steps. For such users, we recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game, which will definitely fix the error code Wasp. So, go ahead and delete the game from the console and reinstall it again.
Try playing the game and the error Wasp should have disappeared. Let’ us know in a comment what worked and what did not.
Check the status of the Bungie server.
- Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Newt
- FIXED: Destiny 2 Error Code Guitar
- FIX – Destiny 2 Error Code Anteater
- Destiny 2 Error Code Weasel Fix
- FIXED – Destiny 2 Error Code Baboon