After some delay Death Standing has finally arrived on PC. The plot of the game resonates with the current global pandemic and the experience of playing is mesmerizing. However, players who jumped into the PC version of the game are encountering errors, the most common – Death Stranding error code 60001. The error prevents you from joining the online server; hence, limiting your options to single player.
There can be a number of causes for this error. You must first ensure that are servers are not down or under maintenance. To check, you could visit the official Twitter handle of the game or visit websites like downdetector. Once you are confirmed that the error is on your end. You can follow some network troubleshooting that can potentially resolve the error code 60001.
Fix 1: Switch your Internet Connection
Sometimes the problem can be with the ISP which is preventing you from connection to the servers. So, if you are playing the game via Wi-Fi, you could switch to your phone internet or if you have another option for internet connection. Try this and check if the error is resolved. If the errors persists, try the next fix.
Fix 2: Hard Reset PlayStation 4
Like Xbox, there is no option to clear the cache in PlayStation; however, hard resetting the PlayStation performs the same function. PlayStation users try this method to fix the error code.
- Completely shut down the PlayStation.
- Remove the power cord from the back and let the PlayStation sit for a few minutes until all processes are completely shut down.
- Put the power cord back to its place and start the PlayStation normally. Check if the anteater error still appears.
Fix 3: Change DNS
Changing your current DNS can also fix the problem. It also speeds up the connection. For this purpose, I recommend you set the free Google DNS – Google public DNS 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Open the PlayStation and head to the main Menu and go to Settings.
- Select Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings > Custom.
- Select LAN for cable and Wi-Fi for Wireless depending on the type of connection you are using for the
- Next, select Custom and change the IP Address Settings to Automatic; Do not specify for DHCP host name; manual for DNS settings, and enter the primary and secondary DNS – 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 – ; Automatic for MTU settings; and Do not use for Proxy server.
- Save and Restart the PlayStation 4.
- Launch the game and check if the Death Stranding Error Code 60001 still appears.
- Press Windows Key + I and select Network and Internet
- Click on Change adapter options
- Right-click on your Network Connection and select Properties
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Click on Properties
- Check Use the following DNS server addresses
- Type in the primary and secondary Google DNS
- Save the changes and exit.
Now, try playing the game and check if the Death Stranding Error Code 60001 occurs.