EasyAntiCheat is a great software to prevent malicious players from hampering the competitiveness of the game. The program is used by a range of game including Day by Daylight, but like all anti-cheat programs be it Riot’s Vanguard or the EasyAntiCheat, it causes problems for players. In this case, if you are seeing the Dead by Daylight Error Code 15, the problem points to your Window Defender, Windows Firewall, third-party antivirus software or the EasyAntiCheat program.
As EasyAntiCheat is a necessity to play the game, often corruptions with the files can lead to the error code 15 in Day by Daylight. To fix the error, you must disable the security software and reinstall EasyAntiCheat. Read further to know what more you can do about the error.
Fix Dead by Daylight Error Code 15
Fix 1: Set Exclusion on Windows Defender or Third-party Antivirus
More often than not, the Windows Defender and Firewall blocks a programs or its functions leading to errors such as the Dead by Daylight error code 15. To fix such errors, you can either disable the security software or set an exclusion or exception. Disabling is not recommended for long duration as it can put your system at risk. Here are the steps to exclude the Day by Daylight folder from security software rules.
Windows Virus & Threat Protection
- Press Windows Key + I and select Update & Security
- Click on Windows Security, select Virus & Threat Protection
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, click on Manage settings
- Locate Exclusions by scrolling down, click on Add or remove exclusions
- Click on Add an exclusion and select Folder
- Browse the Day by Daylight folderand set the exclusion.
Kaspersky Internet Security
- Home >> Settings >> Additional >> Threats and Exclusions >> Exclusions >> Specify Trusted Applications >> Add.
- Home >> Settings >> Components >> Web Shield >> Exceptions >> Set the exception.
- Home >> Settings >> General >> Exclusions >> Set the exclusion.
Fix 2: Reinstall EasyAntiCheat
Often the Dead by Daylight Error Code 15 can occur when the EasyAntiCheat files are corrupted, overwritten, or missing. To fix the issue, you have to reinstall the program. Doing this is easy, simply uninstall the program as any other and launch the game, reinstall the program and the error should be fixed.
The above two fixes should resolve the error code 15, but if it still occurs disable the Windows Firewall, uninstall the game and the EasyAntiCheat. Reinstall everything from scratch and with the Firewall Disabled run the game as admin. If you have a more effective solution share them in the comments.