Darkest Dungeon 2 is the latest role-playing game. This game was released on May 8, 2023, and it is the sequel to Darkest Dungeon (2015). However, like many other big games, DD 2 also has a bunch of bugs and issues such as stuck on the loading screen, a black screen on PC and Steam Deck, crashing, and not launching, among others. Adding to these issues, many DD 2 gamers are now reporting that the cursor is not showing or the mouse pointer is not visible while playing the game. Like many other players, if you are also encountering a cursor not showing in Darkest Dungeon 2 issue, then this guide will help you to get it fixed. Well, below are not the guaranteed methods to fix the problem but you can try the following different things so that you can enjoy the game.
How to Fix Darkest Dungeon 2 Cursor Not Showing
Before you proceed to the following troubleshooting steps, make sure your mouse is working fine and it doesn’t have any issues. In addition, make sure to check game settings. Verify that the game’s cursor settings are set correctly. Open the in-game options or settings menu and check for any cursor-related settings and make sure the cursor is set to be visible.
If everything is set correctly and still the cursor is not showing in Darkest Dungeon 2, then go through the below steps.
1. First of all, try disabling the Steam Input for the Darkest Dungeon 2. To do this: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Controller >> Set “Override for Darkest Dungeon 2 to Disable Steam Input. Once done, relaunch the game.
2. Some missing or corrupted game files can also cause this issue so the next method we recommend is to repair game files on Steam or Epic Launcher.
– On Steam: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify integrity of game files
– On Epic Launcher: Go to Epic Games Launcher >> Library >> Click on the three dots next to the game >> Manage >> Click on the Verify button next to verify files
3. If you are playing the game in Fullscreen mode, then try switching display mode or vice versa. Sometimes, this simple trick can help to refresh the display and make the mouse cursor visible.
4. An outdated mouse driver can also cause this problem so make sure your mouse drivers are updated to the latest version.
5. The next method we recommend is to disable the antivirus program or just whitelist the game in it.
6. If nothing worked, your last resort is to uninstall the game completely and then reinstall it.
That’s everything you can try to fix DD 2 cursor not showing the issue. At the time of writing this guide, developers have not acknowledged this issue but hopefully, they will address it as many players are reporting this issue.
Read next: How to improve relationship between heroes in Darkest Dungeon 2.