Darkest Dungeon 2 is the latest highly anticipated sequel to the popular Roguelike RPG. Fans can finally unlock some new heroes in DD2 including Plague Doctor who is one of the best heroes of the game. But unfortunately, many PC and Steam Deck users have recently encountered a black screen issue on their devices. Due to this issue, players are unable to access the content of the game which ultimately caused frustration. Thankfully, this issue can be fixed with some quick and easy workarounds. This guide has covered several troubleshooting steps to fix Darkest Dungeon 2 black screen on Steam Deck and PC.
How to Fix Darkest Dungeon 2 Black Screen on Steam Deck and PC
As soon as the latest role-playing game was out, many Steam Deck and PC users started experiencing black screen issues on their devices. Are you one of them? Don’t worry and check out this guide. We are going to talk about how to fix this problem.
Fix Darkest Dungeon 2 Black Screen Issue on STEAM DECK
If you are experiencing the Darkest Dungeon 2 black screen issue on your Steam Deck, here is what you need to do to fix it.
– Go to Steam Library >> Darkest Dungeon 2
– Click on “Access the game’s settings” on the right side of the screen >> Properties >> Compatibility
– Check the box “Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool”
– Now select “Proton Experimental” and apply all the changes
– Once done, close the window and relaunch the game
These steps will help you to resolve Darkest Dungeon 2 black screen issues on your Steam Deck.
Fix Darkest Dungeon 2 Black Screen Issue on PC
Are you experiencing a black screen issue while playing Darkest Dungeon 2 on your PC? Then worry not and follow these steps to fix the issue.
1. Before you start any of the following troubleshooting steps, make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements.
2. Next, make sure your drivers are updated to the latest version.
3. If you are using an AMD graphics card, try disabling all forced V-Sync and AA in Catalyst. To do this: Go to the Catalyst Control Center and go to the “Graphics” tab, select “3D Application Settings” and disable “V-Sync” and “AA”.
4. If you are getting a black screen while playing early access, then there are some issues in the save file. For this: Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\RedHook\Darkest Dungeon II\ And delete local save files. In addition, enter Epic Games Store and disable cloud sync in Settings.
5. The next effective method to fix the black screen issue while playing Darkest Dungeon 2 is to change the monitor refresh rate to 60Hz. For this, right-click on your desktop and select “Display Settings.” >> Advanced Display Settings >> Display Adapter Properties. Navigate to the “Monitor” tab and select “60Hz” from the “Screen refresh rate” dropdown menu.
6. If that doesn’t work too, try lowering in-game graphics settings and check if that worked. Try to turn off the following things:
– Shadow effect
– Texture details etc.
That’s it for this guide. Hopefully, one of these methods will help you to fix Darkest Dungeon 2 black screen on Steam Deck and PC.
Read next: How to unlock new paths in Darkest Dungeon 2.