The new game from Amazon Games Studio – Crucible is out. In the game, players have to battle against other players as well as the environment. From the start of the game, it looks fantastic and appears as a contender for one of the best games this year. But, it seems the developers didn’t anticipate the reception of the game among the gaming community. As the game went live on Steam, everyone wanted to get their hands on the free-to-play PvPvE. Such a large number of users trying to access the games has caused strain on the servers and has caused fatal server errors. But, there are other errors with the game as well such as Crucible Application Error and DXGI Error Device Removed.
What is Crucible Application Error 0xc0000142 and How to Fix?
The most common Crucible Application Error users are encountering is the error 0xc0000142. The error occurs when the game fails to initialize. It’s annoying because you won’t be able to play. Whenever you launch Crucible, this error will appear.
The primary cause of this application error is a corruption or malfunctioning Crucible game files. Certain files of the game are required by the PC and a corruption of those files makes the system unstable leading to the error. There are several fix for Crucible Application Error 0xc0000142 such as reinstall Crucible, change LoadAppInit_Dll values, update drivers for graphics card, reinstall DirectX, .Net Framework, running Crucible in compatibility mode, and Running SFC.
But, for the purpose of this blog, we will share the most effective solutions that would resolve the application error and get you back in the game.
Fix 1: Run Crucible in Compatibility Mode to Fix Application Error
For most users, running the game in compatibility mode should resolve the error. Additionally, also start the game in admin mode. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to the .exe or the launcher of Crucible and right-click, select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 7 from the drop-down menu. (if that does not work, you can try Windows 8 as well)
- Check Run this program as an administrator
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Now, try running the game.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Card
A corrupted or faulty driver can also be the cause of this error, so update the drivers to resolve the problem. Doing this is simple enough, follow the steps:
- Right-click on My Computer or This PC and select Properties > Click on Device Manager (you can also follow this path Control Panel > System and Security > System > Click on Device Manager)
- Go to Display Adapter > select the Graphics card and right-click
- Click on Update driver and follow the on-screen instructions to update the drivers.
However, I suggest, you uninstall the current driver and download a fresh copy of the driver from the official website and install it. If you have GeForce Experience installed, you can update the software using the application.
Fix 3: Change the value of LoadAppInit_DLLs
Here are the steps you need to follow to change the value of LoadAppInit_DLLs.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialogue box
- Type “regedit” and hit enter
- Press Yes to enter the Register Editor
- Go to the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion \Windows\LoadAppInit_DLLs
- Locate and double-click on LoadAppInit_DLLs and set the value from 1 to 0
- Click Ok to save the changes and Exit.
Fix 4: Run SFC Command
If the above fixes have failed to resolve the error, you can try to fix it by running sfc command that replaces corrupt files with the new.
- Open Command Prompt in Admin Mode (Press Windows + R, type cmd, press Shift + Ctrl + Enter, and click Yes)
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Allow the process to complete.
Now, try running the game. If the Crucible Application Error 0xc0000142 still appears, try reinstalling the DirectX and .Net Framework. And if all else fails, reinstall Crucible and it should fix the error with the game.
Fix Crucible DXGI Error Device Removed
The Crucible DXGI Error Device Removed does not necessarily prevent you from playing the game, but it can spoil the experience. The error is usually fixed once you restart the system, but appears again abruptly at any time while you are playing the game.
So, to temporarily fic the Crucible DXGI Error Device Removed error, you should restart the system. But, the appearance of the error again points to a much serious problem which can be either hardware related or software.
If you have overclocked the GPU or the game isn’t optimized which we know Crucible isn’t. This error can occur. Another problem that users face is the GPU using 99 percent. All this point we know that the game is not that well-optimized. To stabilize the issue, clock the GPU to 100MHz.
However, if that does not resolve the issue, you should reduce the frame rate of Crucible. It should stabilize the issue and fix the error
How to Limit FPS?
- Here are the the steps:
Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Max Frame Rate > Set to 60.
That’s all we have in this guide to fix the Crucible Application Error and DXGI Error Device Removed.