Call of Duty Warzone is one of the widely played free-to-play shooter games. But unfortunately, like other massive titles, this most popular battle royale game also suffers from certain bugs and glitches from time to time including high ping issue, content package is no longer available, freezing, crashing, and much more. One of the most common errors in CoD Warzone is DirectX unrecoverable error. If you are also encountering the same error, here we show you how you can fix this situation quickly with some simple workarounds. Let’s learn how to fix Warzone DirectX’s unrecoverable error.
Fixing COD Warzone DirectX Unrecoverable Error
The “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error” is one of the frequent error messages in all Call of Duty games. This error itself indicates that there are some issues in your DirectX. However, there could be several other reasons for this issue to occur that includes corrupted or missing game files, outdated drivers or software, or some PC bugs. Thankfully, there are some workarounds you can try to fix this error.
1. Restart the Game and Launcher
This is a basic but crucial step. Simply quit the game and also close your game app. If required, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open up the Task Manager and close both programs.
Besides, close other programs and applications running unnecessarily in the background and check if that makes any difference.
2. Verifying the Game’s DirectX System Requirement
If your PC doesn’t meet the DirectX system requirement, it can cause a “DirectX unrecoverable” error so, the next solution we recommend is to verify the game’s DirectX system requirement. For this:
– Open up the game’s Steam page
– Now find the DirectX system requirement for the game
– Then press the Win + R keys and open up the Run dialogue box and type in “dxdiag” and then press Ok
– Next, open up DirectX Diagnostic Tool and on the System tab, here you will see a list of all DirectX version
– Now, you need to update the DirectX installed but that depends on the Windows version you are using
– Once you install the latest DirectX version, try opening the game and check if you are still experiencing the error
3. Run the Game in DirectX11 Mode
Some players have fixed this issue by forcing the game to run DirectX11 mode. To do so:
-Open up the Battle.net
-Select the game from the left panel
-Click on Options
-Select Game Settings.
-Enable “Additional Command Line Arguments”
-In the box, enter -D3D11
-Click on the Done button and launch the game
4. Scanning and Repairing Blizzard Application
Some missing or corrupted game files can also cause “DirectX unrecoverable” error. Here is how you can do it:
– Open the Blizzard Battle.net app
– Click the icon of the game you are trying to repair
– Click on Options >> Scan and Repair >> Begin Scan
– Once the scanning is done, try launching the game and the error should be fixed
5. Updating Your GPU
An outdated GPU can create multiple errors including “DirectX unrecoverable” error. Therefore, running an updated GPU is very important.
– Search for Device Manager and open up the app
– Expand Display Adapters and then right-click on your GPU and select “Update driver”
– Select “Search automatically for drivers”
– After updating, run the game and the error should be eliminated