Packet Burst is not the same as Packet Loss. I think I should put that out first. Most people confuse between the two. Packet loss is when the information sent from your computer to the servers is lost along the way. Packet Burst on the other hand is quite serious in online gaming. It means that the client or your game receives a lot of information at once or none for a while. When it gets too many packets at once, you can see things like the character running too fast or skipping scenes. It can be really detrimental. For example, you are running and suddenly you find yourself dead. The moment between the running and getting shot gets skipped due to the game receiving too many packets at a time, so that is packet burst.
If it happens in too many matches, the game won’t be any fun. The Vanguard packet burst has become a serious problem in the game. It existed during the betas and has passed on to the main game prevailing to this day in the new year. So, that’s an issue unresolved after nearly 2 months of Vanguard release. Due to the large number of players suffering from the problem and the fact that only Vanguard has the issue, the underlying cause of the packet burst in Vanguard may be the servers and not the user’s internet. Anyhow, here are a few things you may try, and hope one or more of them helps you.
How to Fix Call of Duty Vanguard Packet Burst
Vanguard Packet Burst is a difficult problem to solve due to the sheer variables that can lead to the error. To start with, an issue with the server can also cause the issue. If the packet burst happens only in this game while other games work fine, it’s definitely a problem with the game and not an issue on your end, but there are also so many things on your end that could be causing the packet burst.
While resolving it is a pain, diagnosing the problem is quite simple. While playing the game if you get three overlaid squares with Packet burst text. You know you are affected by the issue. There is also the color variation with the icon that indicates the severity of the issue. You will start to see the difference in gameplay when the icon is orange. When it’s red, things can get really serious and the game is basically unplayable. You can also get the latency variation message when the packet purse happens.
Packet burst can be caused by an issue with the ISP, network hardware such as modems or routers, and rarely due to the game servers. Here are all the solutions you can try to fix the Vanguard Packet Burst.
- Switch to a wired connection
- By switching to a wired connection you eliminate a lot of things that may be the cause of the packet burst such a faulty routers, Wi-Fi packet management protocols, or port settings.
- Disable On-Demand Texture Streaming
- This particular setting in Vanguard is known to cause issues and sometimes leads to lags and packet burst. We disabled the setting and saw immediate improvement in the gameplay. Go to the in-game Graphics Settings and Disable On-Demand Texture streaming.
- Ensure that the in-game FPS matches the one you have set in the NVIDIA control panel. Sometimes the mismatch can also lead to Vanguard packet burst and latency variation.
- Set the game for normal CPU priority and the Video Memory Scale to .35
- Ensure that V-Sync is On.
- An issue with servers
- Even when everything on your home network is fine, you could still get the issue because the game is still in beta and not polished well enough. There may be some game settings or server problem that may be causing the problem. At least now, when so many players are impacted by it.
- Problem with the ISP
- We encountered the packet burst in Warzone and tried everything we could to fix the problem. The things that worked for us was getting in touch with the ISP and explaining the issue. At the end, it turned out to be a problem on their end. A simpler option would be to simply switch the ISP for troubleshooting. Switch and check if the problem persists. If the issue is gone, the problem is on the ISP end.
- A possible graphical bug
- There is a chance that the game has a bug that impacts the HUD and while the issue may be lag, it’s displaying packet burst. In either case, ensure that the ping is optimum to play the game.
Technical Solution for Ethernet Users
Before you proceed with the solution, please note all the changes you have made so you can revert them back if you feel this solution does not work. Also, proceed with the solution only when you are sure. With this solution, you can potentially fix Vanguard packet burst, micro-stutters, lag and other underlying issues.
- Press Windows Key + R and type ncpa.cpl
- Right-click on the Ethernet network adapter and choose Properties
- Click on Configure…
- Go to the Advanced tab
- Now, disable all of the below settings
- Energy Efficient Ethernet – Disabled
- Gigabit Lite – Disabled
- Green Ethernet – Disabled
- Interrupt Moderation – Disabled
- Jumbo Frame – Disabled
- Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4) – Disabled
- Power Saving Mode – Disabled
From the settings, disable all of the above. If you don’t have a setting or two disable the ones you have.
Packet Burst is one of the most difficult things to resolve and that’s coming from someone who has seen almost all types of errors and bugs games can throw over a period of roughly 15 years. If nothing works and you have tried all the troubleshooting on your end, the issue may be with the game and the devs may need to look at it. You should get the cue that the issue is with the game when too many people have the problem. If the issue is isolated to you or a few others, then, it’s definitely your hardware or connection that’s causing the Vanguard packet burst.
That’s all we have in this guide, if nothing helped ease the situation, you may have to get in touch with Activation. Meanwhile, we will keep an eye on the situation and update the post when something new emerges.