Vanguard Alpha test for PS4 and PS5 is underway. The current Alpha only allows users to test the Champion Hill mode. While most users have been able to play the game without any issues, some are reporting seeing the Error Codes CE-108255-1 and CE-107857-8. Both of these are common errors with any new game and have simple solutions. Stick with the post and we will show you how to fix the Call of Duty: Vanguard PS5 Error Codes CE-108255-1 and CE-107857-8.
Call of Duty: Vanguard PS5 Error Codes CE-108255-1 and CE-107857-8
Both of these error codes mean different things and arise in different situations. While the CE-108255-1 is a general crashing of the game, the error code CE-107857-8 occurs while attempting to download the game. Here are the solutions for both the error codes in Vanguard.
Fix Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Code CE-107857-8
The error message you may be getting with the Vanguard Error Code CE-107857-8 may be any of these – “Queued for Download,” “View Details,” or “Can’t install.” Users who are faced with the error code cannot download the game entirely or have only download a partial game. Here are some solutions you can try.
- Restore Licenses
- Close the game and any other applications completely > go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Other > Restore Licenses.
- After performing the above steps, Disable and Enable All Console Sharing and Online Play.
- Reset the PS5
- If you are unable to download the game at all, resetting the PS5 may resolve the problem. Don’t worry you won’t lose your saved files as long as they are backed up with the PSN.
- Settings > System > System Software > Reset Options > Reset Your Console > Reset.
After performing the above steps you should be able to download the game without an issue. But, if that fails, the problem may be with the game servers as many players are attempting to download the game. We will keep this post updated with new solutions in the coming days.
Fix Call of Duty: Vanguard PS5 Error Codes CE-108255-1
The error CE-108255-1 occurs when a game has crashed or failed to respond. It’s similar to the PS4 error code CE-34878-0. This error is mostly a result of an unstable game or a bug, but can also occur when the PS5 system software is not updated, or when the game files are corrupted including the save. Here are the solutions you can try:
- Update the system software and the game
- Reinstall the game
- If the problem is with the game files, reinstalling the game should fix it. Go to Settings > Storage, and delete COD: Vanguard. Once the game is deleted, download and install it afresh.
- Rebuild database
- To perform the process, you need to start the PS5 in safe mode and you will see the option.
- Reset the PS5
- Before you perform a reset, ensure that you have taken a backup of the data on the PS5. Then, go to Settings > System > System Software > Reset PS5.
If the above solutions failed to fix the Call of Duty: Vanguard PS5 Error Codes CE-108255-1, refer to some PS4 solutions for the crashing problem.