Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Warzone Error Code 4July 23, 2020
The error code 4 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare is one of the oldest errors dating back to the initial release days of the game back in 2019. But, users are reporting that they are still encountering the error with Modern Warfare as well as Warzone. Thankfully, there are documented fixes that a lot of users on various forums have confirmed to fix the issue. So, if you have encountered the Call of Duty Modern Warfare error code 4, you have come to the right place. We have certain fixes you can try to resolve the error.
The error appears as people log into the game and it says Fetching online profile, but within minutes results in the error code 4. Here are some fix you can try.
Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Warzone Error Code 4
The cause of this problems seems to be the old saved profile of the user. Hence, the first fix we are going to try is delete the Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder from Documents. Here are the steps to perform the process.
- Close the game and the launcher
- Head to Documents and locate Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder
- Delete this folder and launch the Battle.net client
- Run the game and the error code 4 should have disappeared.
If the above fix did not work, you may try some additional fix such as clearing the temp files on your system and refreshing the IP. Here are the steps.
- Close the game and battle.net
- Press Windows Key + R, type %temp%, hit Enter
- Delete everything inside the folder (if something does not delete just skip)
- Press Windows Key + R, type cmd, press Shift + Ctrl + Enter
- Type Ipconfig/release, hit enter
- Type ipconfig/renew, hit enter
Now, launch the Battle.net and check if the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Warzone error code 4 still appears.
If the error is still not resolved, you may want to contact Activation for support. Although the support is suffering due to Covid-19, the team is very responsive and will get back to you with a solution.