Borderlands 3 is an extremely popular action-packed, first-person shooter role-playing game developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games. This game was released in 2019 and is available for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. However, like other online games, Borderlands 3 has several bugs and issues like crashing, freezing, and not launching among others. Lately, many players are reporting that they are running into network errors. The exact error message reads – “This feature requires all active players to be connected to Gearbox Software SHiFT”. So, if you are also experiencing the same issue, then this guide is just right for you as we show you all effective workarounds here to fix Borderlands 3 network error Shift.
How to Fix Borderlands 3 Network Error Shift
Fixing network errors in Borderlands 3 like Shift error is essential for an uninterrupted gaming experience. This guide has covered all potential methods to fix the error.
Check Your Internet Connection
A stable and reliable internet connection is crucial to play any online games including Borderlands 3. So, first of all, make sure you have a fast and stable connection. It is suggested to try resetting your router/modem or switching the connection from WiFi to Wired.
Update Your Windows and Graphics Card
An outdated version of your OS and graphics card can also cause this error. Updating your Windows operating system and graphics card drivers is crucial for maintaining system stability and improving compatibility. So, if the error persists, try updating both of them and check if that worked.
Disable Firewall or Antivirus Program
Sometimes, your firewall or antivirus program can prevent the game from functioning properly. So, try disabling them temporarily and check if that helped to resolve the error. To do this:
– Go to your PC settings >> Windows Security >> Fireall and Network Protection.
– Click on the ‘Allow an app through the firewall’ option >> Change Settings >> Allow Another App.
– Next, select the ‘Browse’ option and select the Lsass.exe from C:\Windows\System32\Lsass.exe.
– Now, add an exception of Private or Public and then click on the Ok button.
– Once done, relaunch the game and the error should be fixed.
Configuration the Game to Use Proton 5.0-4
First of all, make sure to back up your saved game files because, in this step, we are going to configure the game to use Proton 5.0-4.
– First of all, run the mf-install and mf-installcab scripts.
– Go to the web browser and create a SHiFT account.
– Next, log in to your Steam account and connect/link it with SHiFT.
– Now, run the game using the Proton 5.0-4.
– Once the SHiFT account linking process is done, close the Pre-Sequel launcher.
– At last, relaunch the game and the error should be eliminated.
That’s all you can try fixing Borderlands 3 network error shift.