Beyond The Wire is a PvP FPS game that pits players into battles of teams, each team has 50 players. Currently, there are several games that have a similar setup, so we’ll have to wait and see how the game fairs among players. From the first hour of play the game looks amazing with its graphics appeal. But, some players are reporting being unable to jump into the game. It can be frustrating after having spent money on the game. Before you consider refunding the game, try our solutions to fix the Beyond The Wire crash at startup or desktop, stuttering, and low FPS.
Fix Beyond The Wire Crash at Startup or Desktop, Stuttering, and Low FPS
For a lot of players the crash is happening because they are playing on Windows 7. You should note that the minimum requirements to play the game is Windows 10. Before you proceed with the solutions, ensure that the below system requirements are met.
|OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)||OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)|
|Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen with 4 physical cores||Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen with 6 physical cores|
|Memory: 8 GB RAM||Memory: 16 GB RAM|
|Graphics: Geforce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 380 with at least 4 GB of VRAM||Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon 570 with at least 6GB of VRAM|
|DirectX: Version 11||DirectX: Version 11|
|Storage: 40 GB available space||Storage: 40 GB available space|
|Network: Broadband Internet connection||Network: Broadband Internet connection|
Here are all the solutions you can try to resolve the Beyond The Wire Crash at Startup, Stuttering, and FPS Drop. Before we proceed, ensure you meet the system requirements to play the game.
Fix 1: Disable the Antivirus Completely
As the antivirus is the primary culprit, disable the antivirus or the Windows Defender and try to play the game. If the game works, you need to set an exception for the game on the respective antivirus software as you can keep the security software disabled for long. Here are the steps.
Windows Virus & Threat Protection
- Press Windows Key + I and select Update & Security
- Click on Windows Security, select Virus & Threat Protection
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, click on Manage settings
- Locate Exclusions by scrolling down, click on Add or remove exclusions
- Click on Add an exclusion and select Folder
- Browse the Beyond The Wire folder and set the exclusion.
Kaspersky Internet Security
- Home >> Settings >> Additional >> Threats and Exclusions >> Exclusions >> Specify Trusted Applications >> Add.
- Home >> Settings >> Components >> Web Shield >> Exceptions >> Set the exception.
- Home >> Settings >> General >> Exclusions >> Set the exclusion.
Fix 2: Verify Integrity of Game Files
If the game itself is corrupted that could also lead to crash at startup or mid-game crash with Beyond The Wire. Here are the steps to check and repair corrupt files on Steam.
- Launch the Steam client
- From the LIBRARY, right-click on Beyond The Wire and select Properties
- Go to LOCAL FILES and click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
Fix 3: Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
If the game is set for full-screen optimization, it can lead to crash and not launching problem. As such you must disable the full-screen optimization. You can also provide the game with admin permission, often that’s another cause for these errors. As both settings are located at the same place, the procedure is simple and straightforward.
In order to perform the above two fixes, go to the desktop shortcut of the game and right-click, select Properties. Now, go to the Compatibility tab and check Disable fullscreen optimization and Run this program as an administrator. Click Apply and Ok to save the changes.
Verify if the Beyond The Wire crashing at startup, not launching problems still occur.
Fix 4: Update the Graphics Drivers
Although an outdated graphics card driver causes the most crashes, you should keep all drivers and software updated on the system. This includes the OS, audio drivers, motherboards, processors, etc.
So, first update the graphics card drivers and check if Beyond The Wire crashes on startup or in-game. Nvidia recently released Game Ready Driver. Here are the link to both Nvidia and AMD drivers you need.
Select your OS and other specs and download and install the software. If the problem persists, update everything from OS to audio drivers and check again.
Fix 5: Terminate Unnecessary Applications and Perform Clean Boot
With so many games, third-party software that forcefully inject themselves between operations cause crash in the game. Hence, the first thing we must do to resolve the Beyond The Wire crashing on startup or failed to launch error is suspend all unnecessary programs and then launch the game. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- In General tab, uncheck Load startup items
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Click on Apply and OK.
Try launching the game, check if the error still occurs. If it does, disable all startup tasks from Task Manager, restart the system and try playing again.
Fix 6: Disable Steam Overlay
If the game crashes right after the intro video, the cause of the problem can be the Steam Overlay. This feature has been known to act up with some games. You can resolve the error by disabling the Steam Overlay. Launch Steam client. Click on Library and right-click on Beyond The Wire. Select Properties and uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
Close Steam and check if the in-game crash or Beyond The Wire crash at startup still occurs.
Fix 7: Disable or Remove GeForce Experience / MSI Afterburner
Sometimes third-party software can tune the GPU settings that does not pair with the game leading to the error. By simply disabling the software, you can resolve the errors. You can uninstall the programs to disable them or simply disable them from the Task Manager. Disable the programs via any method that suits you. Once done, try playing the game and check if the error still appears.
Fix 8: Disable Shader Cache
For Nvidia users, you can disable the Shader Cache which is known to crash games. Here are the steps to disable Shader Cache from the Nvidia Control panel.
- Right-click on Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- Expand 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings
- Click Add and select Beyond The Wire
- Under Specify the settings for this program, locate Shader Cache and select Off.
Check if the Beyond The Wire Game Crashes at Startup, Crashes Mid-game, and other performance errors still occur. If they do, try the next fix.
Fix 9: Remove Bad Sectors from the HHD
If you have bad sectors on your HDD, it could also be causing the crash. Although you could correct the corruption in the file system via CHKDSK on Command Prompt, here is a simple alternative.
- Right-click on C drive or the partition where you have installed the game and the launcher.
- Select Properties and go to Tools
- Click on Check and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Try playing the game.
- After the process completes, the window will auto-exit.
Now, try playing the game and check if Beyond The Wire crashing error still occurs.
Fix 10: Modify Discord Settings
The in-game overlay and the hardware acceleration of Discord is also known to cause crash in games. So, if you have the software installed and running disable the overlay and hardware acceleration. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Launch the Discord app and click on User Settings
- Click on Voice & Video in the left menu
- Locate Advanced by scrolling down and click
- Next, disable OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco System, Inc. and Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority
- Go to Overlay and disable it
- Go to Advanced anddisable Hardware Acceleration.
Hopefully, the above solutions have resolved the Beyond The Wire Crashing at Startup and Won’t Launch problem with the game.