Baldur’s Gate 3, the highly anticipated role-playing video game developed by Larian Studios, has captivated players with its immersive world and engaging gameplay. However, like any complex game, it is not without its fair share of bugs and issues.
One such problem that players have encountered is the multiclassing bug, which prevents them from leveling up certain classes. In this article, we will explore this issue in detail and provide a solution to fix the Baldur’s Gate 3 multiclassing bug.
How to Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 Multiclassing Bug
Understanding the Multiclassing Bug: The multiclassing bug in Baldur’s Gate 3 occurs when players are unable to level up a specific class while attempting to multiclass. For example, a player with a 1 ranger/1 rogue character may find that they can only level up the rogue class and not the ranger class, despite having enough experience points to do so. This issue arises due to the presence of “choices pending” that prevent the leveling up process.
Respec Using Cheat Engine
One possible workaround for the multiclassing bug is to use a cheat engine to respec your character. By doing so, you can reset your character’s choices and potentially bypass the bug. However, it is important to exercise caution when using cheat engines, as they can potentially break your game or introduce other unintended consequences. It is recommended to only use the cheat engine for respec purposes and avoid other cheats.
To address the Warlock multiclassing bug, a mod has been developed that provides a solution. This mod allows Warlocks to convert their Warlock spell slots into regular spell slots of the same level as a bonus action. This ability is unlocked when a player has both a Warlock and non-Warlock spellcasting ability. It is important to note that the tooltip for this ability may not display the Warlock spell slot cost, but it does require one.
To install the mod that fixes the Warlock multiclassing bug, follow these steps:
- Download the mod and unzip the .pak file.
- Locate your Baldur’s Gate 3 game folder, which is typically found at “C:\Users<user name>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur’s Gate 3\Mods” or an equivalent location.
- Copy the unzipped .pak file into the Mods folder.
- Run or refresh the BG3 Mod Manager.
- Drag the mod from the “Inactive” section to the “Active” section in the mod manager.
- If you are using the mod for the first time, place it at the bottom of the load order to ensure compatibility with other mods.
- Click on the “Export” button or go to “File->Export to Game” to finalize the installation.
By using a cheat engine to respec or installing a mod specifically designed to fix the Warlock multiclassing bug, players can overcome these issues and continue to enjoy the game to its fullest potential.