Baldur’s Gate 3, a highly anticipated RPG developed by Larian Studios, offers an immersive multiplayer experience for players to explore the vast world of Faerun together. However, some players have reported encountering a persistent error message, “Joining Failed: You’re Already Connected,” when attempting to connect with friends. This article aims to delve into the various troubleshooting methods that may help resolve this issue and enable seamless multiplayer gameplay.
How to Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 Joining Failed Error
The “Joining Failed: You’re Already Connected” error is frustrating for many players eager to embark on adventures alongside their friends. It seems to manifest even when players have attempted various solutions such as logging in with different profiles, clearing the cache, and even creating new accounts.
The problem is compounded by the fact that both players can join existing rooms in the lobbies but face difficulties when trying to join each other. Here are some methods to fix this issue.
Disable Cloud Sync
- Right-click Baldur’s Gate 3 in your Steam library.
- Click “Properties” > “General.”
- Under the “Steam Cloud” section, disable cloud synchronization by unchecking the box.
Clear Local Larian Studios Folder
- Close the game and exit Steam.
- Navigate to “C:\Users\myUser\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur’s Gate 3.”
- Delete the entire “Baldur’s Gate 3” folder.
Verify .NET and Game Files
- Ensure that you have the latest version of .NET installed on your system.
- Verify the integrity of the game files through the Steam client to ensure no corrupted files are causing the issue.
Change Profile Names
- Open Baldur’s Gate 3 on both PCs.
- Ensure that each player’s profile name is unique.
- Change the profile names if they are the same.
- This should resolve the “Joining Failed: Already Connected” error.
Delete Player Profiles
- Open the Baldur’s Gate launcher.
- Go to Options.
- Click “Open Profile Folder.”
- In the Player Profiles folder, delete all items.
- Save the changes.
- Relaunch the game.
Switch to Windowed Display Mode
- Start the game and switch to windowed display mode.
- Lower the game resolution for better performance.
- Click on “Multiplayer” from the main menu and switch to the LAN tab.
- Create a lobby and ensure LAN connections are enabled in the Lobby Settings.
- Open another instance of the game from the “bg3.exe” or “bg3_dx11.exe” executable in the “..\SteamApps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\bin” folder.
- In the second instance, select “Multiplayer” and switch to the LAN tab, then try joining the lobby you created in the first instance.
Check Router and Firewall Configuration
Check router settings and ensure that necessary ports for the game are open. Temporarily disable firewalls or create exceptions for Baldur’s Gate 3 to allow smooth communication.
Check Network Configurations
If using a VPN or custom DNS settings, try disabling them temporarily while playing the game.
If the issue persists after trying all the above steps, reach out to the game’s official support channels for personalized assistance.