As a highly popular and well-regarded smartphone brand, it’s no surprise that users of the Asus ROG Phone 6 have been experiencing some audio issues. While the specific cause of these issues is not yet known, some users have suggested that it could be related to software or hardware discrepancies within the phone. Others have speculated that manufacturing defects may be to blame.
Regardless of the root cause, the fact remains that audio issues on the Asus ROG Phone 6 can be extremely frustrating for users. Whether it’s during phone calls, streaming music, or watching videos, poor audio quality can seriously hinder your overall experience with the device.
How to fix Asus ROG Phone 6 audio issues
If you’re one of the many users who have been struggling with audio issues on your Asus ROG Phone 6, there are a few potential solutions that you can try.
Clean your speakers
Dust, dirt, and other debris can accumulate in the speakers of your ROG Phone 6, causing audio problems. To clean the speakers, use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe away any dirt or debris. You can also use a can of compressed air to blow away any stubborn particles.
Restart your phone
If you are experiencing audio issues after updating your phone or installing a new app, restarting your device may fix the problem. To restart your ROG Phone 6, simply hold down the power button and select “Restart.”
Use the built-in audio troubleshooter
Your ROG Phone 6 has a built-in audio troubleshooter that can help you diagnose and fix audio issues. To access this tool, go to “Settings,” then “System,” and select “Audio.” From here, you can run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions to fix any audio problems.
If the audio issue is related to incoming calls, you can try using the MacroDroid app to fix it. The solution is shared by an expert on the ASUS community forum.
- Open MacroDroid and tap on the “Create” button to create a new macro.
- Give your macro a name and then tap on the “Add Trigger” button.
- From the list of triggers, select “Call/SMS” and then choose “Call Ended” from the submenu.
- Select “Any number” from the dropdown menu and then tap on the “Add Action” button.
- From the list of actions, select “Media” and then choose “Play/Stop Sound” from the submenu.
- In the “Select Sound” section, select the “Choose file” option and then browse to the location where you’ve saved the 2-second-of-silence.mp3 file.
- In the “Select Audio Stream” section, select “Voice Call” and then make sure that the “Block next action until complete” option is unchecked.
- Tap on the “Back” button and then select “Save” to finish creating your macro.
- AudioWizard > Sound Mode > Cinema.
Try regular calls
Another potential solution is to go on regular calls for a few seconds, switch to speaker mode for a few seconds, and then hang up. This can sometimes resolve audio issues with the phone.
While the specific cause of audio issues on the Asus ROG Phone 6 is not yet known, there are a few potential solutions that you can try. Whether it’s installing a third-party app like MacroDroid, using Cinema mode to improve sound and bass, or going on regular calls and switching to speaker mode, there are a number of options available to help you fix audio issues on your phone.