Developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment, Armored Core 6 is the latest mecha-based vehicular combat game released on August 25, 2023, for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. However, like any other game, AC 6 can also experience a variety of issues and technical glitches like crashing on startup, not launching, and won’t start issues. There could be several reasons behind such issues and this guide has covered all potential methods to fix it quickly.
How to Fix Armored Core 6 Crashing on Startup, Not Launching, and Won’t Start Issues in AC6
Experiencing Armored Core 6 crashing on startup, not launching, and not starting issues can be frustrating for players who are eager to dive into the latest mecha-based vehicular combat game. Fortunately, there are a few things you can try to fix this issue.
Before you jump onto the following troubleshooting steps, make sure to quickly go through the below checks:
1. First of all, make sure the game is fully downloaded and installed. In case it is partially done, the game might not launch or start.
2. The second most important thing is to check your PC meets the minimum system requirements to run the game smoothly on your device. Click here to know the minimum and recommended specifications.
3. Make sure your Windows is updated to the latest version.
4. Some missing or corrupted game files can also be the reason behind this issue so try verifying the integrity of game files. To do this: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on AC6 >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify the integrity of game files. Once the scanning is done, relaunch the game.
Update Your GPU Drivers
An outdated version of your GPU drivers can cause AC6 to crash on startup, not launch, and won’t start issues so it is always recommended to update your graphics drivers to the latest version.
Here we give you the links from where you can obtain the updated drivers.
Lower In-Game Graphics
Sometimes, the above issues can be resolved easily simply by lowering the graphics settings to the lowest possible and then trying to launch the game.
Close All Apps and Programs Running in the Background
It is also possible that other programs and applications running in the background are conflicting with the game and causing the game to crash and not launch issues. So, try closing all of these programs and then relaunching the game.
Run the Game as an Administrator
If the issue persists, try running the game as an administrator. For this, simply right-click on the game’s .exe file (Executable file) and select ‘Run as administrator’.
Disable Your Antivirus or Firewall Program
Your antivirus and firewall programs are designed to detect and eliminate different types of malware, including viruses and spyware. However, sometimes, they prevent the game from functioning properly. So, try disabling your antivirus or firewall program. For this, you need to change your antivirus or internet security program and add the game’s .exe file to the exception list.
Disable Fullscreen Optimization
The next best method we recommend is to disable fullscreen optimization. To do this:
– Go to the location where this game is installed on your system
– Right-click on the executable and select Properties >> Compatibility
– Check “Disable full-screen optimizations”
Disable Third-Party Apps
Are you using any third-party applications like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, HWInfo, or any other apps? Then try disabling them and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Use DirectX Versions –DX11 or –DX12 in Launch Options
If the issue still persists, try this trick to fix the issue.
– Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Properties
– In the “Launch Options”, type in -dx11 and then launch the game
– If that doesn’t work, type -dx12 and try if that worked
Avoid GPU Overclocking
Overclocking your GPU or running your CPU at high temperatures can also result in game crashes and won’t start issues. So, if you have overclocked your GPU, change it to the default settings and monitor CPU temperatures to prevent overheating.
Reinstall the Game
If all of the above methods fail to fix the issue, your last resort is to uninstall and then reinstall the game.
That’s all you can try fixing Armored Core 6 crashing on startup, not launching, and won’t start issues in AC6.