Apple Music is an extremely popular music streaming service. With Apple Music, users can access over 100 million songs and 30,000 playlists ad-free. However, like any other digital app, Apple Music is also not immune to several bugs and technical glitches. One of the common errors reported by many users is the ‘Family sharing’ not working issue. Apple’s Music Family Sharing feature allows you and up to five other family members to use different Apple features like Apple Music, Apple Arcade, and Apple TV+. In addition, you can share other stuff like songs and applications you have purchased from iTunes and the App Store. So, it is quite frustrating when this very useful feature stops working. Thankfully, there are a few things you can try to fix Apple Music Family Sharing not working issue.
How to Fix Apple Music Family Sharing Not Working
If you are experiencing issues with Apple Music family sharing not working issue, there could be several reasons behind it. But don’t worry, check out this guide and learn how you can fix it.
1. First of all, simply restart your device and check if the issue is fixed.
2. If the issue persists, make sure to check the current server status of Apple’s System. In case the server is down, the issue will be fixed automatically.
3. Next, try logging out and logging back in. Sometimes, simply signing out of your Apple ID and signing back in can fix the problem. For this: Go to Settings >> Your Name >> Sign Out and then sign back in using your Apple ID.
4. Check your Family Sharing status and make sure that you are the Family Organizer or part of a Family Sharing group. You can verify this by going to “Settings” on your iOS device, tapping your name at the top, and selecting “Family Sharing.” Confirm that your family members are listed there.
5. If that doesn’t work too, try changing your Apple ID region. Sometimes, if your family members have selected different Apple ID regions, there may be issues with subscriptions. Here is how you can change it.
– First of all, cancel all the active subscriptions and clear your Apple account balance.
– Then, go to the Apple ID personal information page (Settings >> Media and Purchases >> View Account >> Country/Region).
– Follow some on-screen instructions and then enter the payment method.
– Lastly, connect all the family members using the same Apple ID and in the same region.
– Once done, reopen the Apple Music app and you won’t experience the ‘Family Sharing’ feature on Apple Music.
6. The next method we recommend to fix the issue is to turn ON Apple Music in Share feature. In case the Family Sharing feature organizer have not selected ‘Apple Music’ when setting up, this feature might not work.
7. If that doesn’t work too, try recreating the group for Family Sharing. Remove all the members in your Family Sharing group and re-invite them one by one.
8. If none of these methods work, your last resort is to reach out to the Apple Support team for further assistance. They may provide you with some additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.