Undoubtedly, Apex Legends is the award-winning battle royal game and it has improved a lot since its release in 2019. Even after putting a lot of effort into the game, the game still has several issues which need to be fixed. One of the latest issues experiencing by many players is the error that says – Apex Legends ‘Unable to Connect to EA Servers.’ This is a common issue and besides this, players are also getting an error that says you lost your connection to EA servers. Luckily, there are several workarounds which you can try.
How to Fix Apex Legends ‘Unable to Connect to EA Servers’
Here are some solutions to fix Apex Legends ‘Unable to Connect to EA Servers.’ However, before you start with the troubleshooting it’s wise to check if the problem is not on the server end. It can save you quite a lot of futile troubleshooting. Here is the link to Downdetector.
Restart the Application
As soon as you encounter this error message, one of the first things you should do is to close the application completely and then restart it again. And check if the issue persists.
Clear cache on your computer
Sometimes, the cache may affect the connection between the game and EA servers. So, the next solution is to clear the cache on your computer system. Here are the steps to follow:
1. First of all, close the Apex Legends app and all its related processes using Task Manager.
2. Then open up the Run Dialogue box by pressing Windows + R key
3. And type “%ProgramData%/Apex Legends” and click on ‘OK’ to proceed
4. Here you will see several cache files stored in many folders
5. Do delete all of these files except Disclaimer and LocalContent and close the window
6. Then again open the Run dialogue box and type %AppData%
7. You will be then taken to the Roaming folder. Here you only need to delete a folder of the Apex Legends
8. Then type ‘AppData’ in the Run dialogue box and open up the ‘Local’ folder. Here also, you only need to delete a folder of the Apex Legends
Once everything is done, restart your PC and launch the Apex Legends. You will see that the Apex Legends ‘Unable to Connect to EA Servers’ problem is fixed. If still not fixed, then try the next solution.
Restart the Game Console or perform a Clean Boot of your computer
By performing a normal reboot console can solve several technical issues. This way, you can clear the RAM usage that sometimes interferes process. Here are some simple steps to perform:
– For PS4: Take your controller and press and hold the PS button until you see a Quick Menu and then select Turn Off PS4 and then wait for 10 to 15 seconds until the indicator light turns off. REMEMBER: do not plug out the power cord if PS4 is still running or it can damage the hard disk.
– For Xbox One: The best and easy way to shut down the Xbox One is to press the home button and a Quick Menu will be opened. Then go to the System tab and then select ‘Settings’. Under the General tab, select Power mode and startup. And then select Full shutdown. After 10 to 15 seconds, turn on your console and check if the error is fixed or not.
– For PC: To reboot PC, there are typically two types. Either you can perform a normal restart of your PC or a clean boot. First of all, we suggest trying to restart your PC normally, and still, you’re facing the same issue, then you may try a clean boot. Following are the steps to Clean Boot your PC.
1. Open up the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R key and then type MSConfig and hit Enter
2. Next, go to the Services tab and do check ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’
3. Then click on ‘Disable all’
4. Navigate to the ‘Startup’ tab and then click on the link of the ‘Open Task Manager’
5. Lastly, disable all the startup tasks
6. Once done, restart the system and then try to launch Apex Legends’ and the game will start running smoothly
That’s all for this guide on how to Fix Apex Legends ‘Unable to Connect to EA Servers.’