Apex Legends is a famous battle royale game that has gained a massive player base since its release in 2019. However, like any online game, it is common for players to encounter errors or bugs that can hinder their gameplay experience. One such error causing players frustration is the Apex Legends Error Code 100 EA Sign-In Error.
This error occurs when players cannot log in to their EA account, which is required to play Apex Legends. The error message typically reads, “Unable to complete EA sign-in.” “Please check your network connection and try again.”
How to Fix Apex Legends Error Code 100 EA Sign-In Error
The cause of the Apex Legends Error Code 100 EA sign-in Error can vary, but it is often related to connectivity issues or problems with the player’s EA account. Here are some potential fixes for this error:
Change DNS Settings
One method that has proven to be effective for many players is changing the DNS settings on their console or computer. By switching the Primary and Secondary DNS to 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52, you may be able to resolve the issue and get back to playing Apex Legends without any issues.
Here’s how you can change the DNS settings on different platforms:
- Go to Settings > General > Network Settings > Advanced settings.
- Select DNS settings and choose Manual.
- Enter the Primary DNS as 184.108.40.206 and the Secondary DNS as 220.127.116.11.
- Xbox will perform a connection check. Once it is complete, click Continue.
- Restart your Xbox and try playing Apex Legends again.
- Go to Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select your connection and choose Advanced Settings.
- Go to DNS Settings and change it from Automatic to Manual.
- Set the Primary DNS as 18.104.22.168 and the Secondary DNS as 22.214.171.124.
- Click OK and let your PlayStation connect to the access point.
- Once it is connected, restart your console and try playing Apex Legends again.
- Press the Windows + R key to open the Run command box.
- Type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter.
- This will open Network Connections. Right-click on your connection and choose Properties.
- Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”.
- Click on Properties and choose “Use the following DNS server addresses:”.
- Set the Primary DNS as 126.96.36.199 and the Alternate DNS as 188.8.131.52.
- Click OK to save these changes and restart your PC.
Check Your Network Connection
If you are experiencing the Apex Legends Error Code 100 EA Sign-In Error, you should first check your network connection. Make sure you are connected to the internet and that your relationship is stable. If you are using a wired connection, try switching to a wireless connection or vice versa.
Restart Your Router or Modem
If checking your network connection does not resolve the issue, try restarting your router or modem. This often fix connectivity issues and allows you to log in to your EA account.
Check Your EA Account
If you cannot log in to your EA account, it could be due to an issue with your account itself. Ensure you use the correct login credentials and that your account has not been suspended or banned. You can contact EA Support for assistance if you cannot access your account.
Reset Your Router or Modem
If none of the above steps have resolved the Apex Legends Error Code 100 EA Sign-In Error, you may need to reset your router or modem. To do this, locate the reset button on your device and hold it down for a few seconds. This will reset the device to its factory settings, which may resolve any connectivity issues you are experiencing.
In addition to these fixes, there are a few other things you can try if you are still encountering the Apex Legends Error Code 100 EA Sign-In Error:
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Disable any VPN or proxy that you may be using.
- Make sure that you are not experiencing any latency or lag issues.
- Try accessing your EA account from a different device or internet connection.
If you have tried all of the above steps and are still unable to log in to your EA account, it is recommended that you contact EA Support for further assistance. They will be able to troubleshoot the issue and provide you with additional guidance on how to fix the Apex Legends error code 100 EA Sign-In Error.
The Apex Legends Error Code 100 EA Sign-In Error can be frustrating for players, but it can often be resolved by checking your network connection, restarting your router or modem, and verifying the integrity of your game files. If none of these steps works, it is recommended that you contact EA Support for further assistance.