Apex Legends, the popular battle royale game developed by Respawn Entertainment, offers an exhilarating gaming experience. However, like any online game, it is not immune to technical issues that can disrupt the gameplay. One such issue is the “Disconnected: Detected Data Mismatch” error, which prevents players from progressing beyond the main screen. In this comprehensive troubleshooting guide, we will explore the potential causes behind this error and provide effective solutions to help you resolve it and get back into the action-packed world of Apex Legends.
Read: Fix Ticketmaster Error Code 5005
How to Fix the Disconnected: Detected Data Mismatch Error
There are some effective solutions to resolve the “Disconnected: Detected Data Mismatch” error in Apex Legends:
Change DNS Settings
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “ncpa.cpl” and hit Enter to open the Network Connections window.
- Right-click on your active network connection and select Properties.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Select “Use the following DNS server addresses” and enter the following values:
- Preferred DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS server: 18.104.22.168
- Click OK to save the changes and restart your computer.
- Launch Apex Legends and check if the error persists.
Flush DNS Cache
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type the command “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter.
- Wait for the process to complete, then restart your computer.
- Launch Apex Legends and see if the error is resolved.
Verify Game Files
- Open the Origin client (if using the EA app) or Steam (if using the Steam version of Apex Legends).
- Right-click on Apex Legends and select Properties.
- Navigate to the “Local Files” or “Local Content” tab.
- Click on the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” or a similar option.
- Allow the verification process to complete, and any corrupted files will be repaired.
- Restart your computer and launch Apex Legends to check if the error is resolved.
Reinstall Apex Legends
- Uninstall Apex Legends from your computer.
- Clear any remaining game files by deleting the Apex Legends installation folder.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall Apex Legends from the official source (Origin or Steam).
- Launch the game and see if the error still occurs.
Create a New User Account
Create a New User on Your PC To create a new user ID on your PC, follow these steps:
- Select the Start menu and go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Accounts section.
- Click on “Family & Other Users” in the left sidebar.
- Under the “Other Users” section, select “Add someone else to this PC.”
- Enter the required Microsoft account credentials and follow the prompts to create the new user account.
Install the EA Client and Apex Legends
- Log in to the newly created user account on your PC.
- Install the EA Client on the new Windows user account.
- Once the EA Client is installed, download and install Apex Legends through the EA Client.
- Launch the game from the new user account and check if the “Disconnected: Detected Data Mismatch” error persists.
Update Network Drivers
Outdated or incompatible network drivers can cause connectivity issues and data mismatches in Apex Legends. Follow these steps to update your network drivers:
- Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the menu.
- Expand the Network Adapters category.
- Right-click on your network adapter and select Update driver.
- Choose the option to automatically search for updated driver software.
- If updates are found, follow the on-screen instructions to install them.
- Restart your computer and check if the error is resolved.
If none of the above solutions resolve the “Disconnected: Detected Data Mismatch” error in Apex Legends, it is recommended to reach out to Apex Legends’ official support channels for further assistance.
Read next: Fix Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK) Horses Transfer Not Working