At the time of writing this post, a lot of players jumping to play Among Us are encountering the ‘Disconnected from server’ error along with the message “You disconnected from the server. If this happens often, check your network strength. This may also be a server issue.” If you have encountered the problem, you have come to the right place, the fix for the issue is quite simple. We will help you fix the Among Us ‘Disconnected from server’ Error on PC, Android and iPhone.
Fix Among Us ‘Disconnected from server’ Error
When you encounter the Among Us ‘Disconnected from server’ error, you should follow the instructions the error message suggests i.e. check if your internet connection is stable and ensure that the servers are functioning normally.
But, at this time, the problem might be something else. Recently, Among Us has gained a lot of popularity and a large number of players are jumping to play the game, this is causing the servers to strain in certain locations where are game is really popular. If you belong to these reasons, you may have trouble starting a match.
As such the fix is really simple, try changing your region in the game. You can do it by clicking on the globe icon at the bottom right of the screen. Select a server that is less popular. For us, the Europe server did the trick. Changing the servers will instantly fix Among Us ‘Disconnected from server’ error.
If the error continues, we have listed some of the best practices to play the game below.
Other Solutions for Among Us ‘Disconnected from server’ Error
Here are some network troubleshooting you can consider.
- Switch to a wired internet connection such as Powerline, Ethernet Cable, or MoCA. Using Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot can be the cause of several errors in games.
- Reset the internet router or modem
- Cable connections, fiber, and DSL offer the best gaming experience. On the other hand, internet service providers such as satellite, wireless, and cellular are less reliable for online gaming.
- If a wired internet connection is not an option, consider:
- Changing the channel on your wireless router; ideally, the one that is used the least.
- Try shifting from 2.4GHz to 5GHz or vice versa.
- Ensure that the router is placed closer to the console or PC and not blocked by a wall or other obstacles that can block the Wi-Fi signal.
- Adjust the router’s antennae.
- Change your network connection. Try using a different internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, try playing the game through your mobile internet.
- Do not use other devices on the same network such as tablets, cell phones, etc. while playing Among Us.
- Terminate bandwidth-intensive tasks such as Netflix, YouTube, or other video streaming services, file transfer (torrents), etc.
- Ensure you are using the latest hardware and firmware. Get in touch with your ISP and ensure the network equipment such as modems, cables, routers, switches, etc. are all up-to-date and working as intended.
- Ensure your NAT type is Open.
- Call the ISP for help with the problem.
That’s all we have for now. We hope you have your resolution to the Among Us ‘Disconnected from server’ error.